If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, January 13, 2023

Buy Nothing Group, and few meals



Hello everyone 
I’m happy that most of the stuff on my to do list is done

I had a pretty big pile of discards and I gave most of it away on a local Facebook Buy Nothing group. 
As people claimed things,  I put them in grocery bags with their names outside our home.  
It’s all on the honor system but so far, things are getting picked up and it’s been fairly easy.  

Buy Nothing groups are local, by city and town.  If you have a Facebook account,  I think they can be a great way to give things away free  or to get things for free.  
We gave away an assortment-some was our stuff, some belonged to our daughter’s family. 

We still have our original doors and windows but have ordered new ones.
The front door will look like wood but I think it’s some kind of fiberglass.  
I wanted internal blinds on the windows but we have 7 curved windows and internal blinds aren’t available for them.  
But it is OK.  New doors and windows are expensive and having internal blinds almost doubles the cost.  
We found out today that we should have our new windows and doors installed in February.  That’s much earlier than we were expecting.  







We had homemade pizza one night with a 1/2 recipe of the dough in the link below 





And stuffed bell peppers another meal- they were still steaming when I took the photo. 
I used the recipe below as the base but it used 6 peppers and I only used 2.  
They were delicious and I should make them more often.  


Hope you all have  had a good week 
❤️ Rhonda 




11 comments:

  1. I use Buy Nothing all the time. So far in the last week or so, I've given away a ton of outgrown ski/winter gear, two plastic containers, Christmas gift boxes, wine bags (packing or traveling), & some clothes. I've also picked up: a sealed bag of chocolate treats that the teens are eating, and tomorrow I'm picking mandarin oranges off of a neighbor's tree. Oh, and I picked up Gatorade.

    I've been doing it for years & love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might like the enclosed blinds in a window, but curved windows would be so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out our local group - have never done that. Looks like you got a lot out of the house.
    Pizza and peppers look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used Facebook Marketplace to get rid of items. I'll just list them as free, but I'll have to check out the buy nothing group. Your pizza and stuffed peppers look delicous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE FB Buy-Nothing. The only negative is that our local thrift store that supports "lost" kids and runs adoptions doesn't benefit from selling those goods.

    We LOVE our internal blind windows. It makes sense that the cost doubles. The window treatment is included, they are triple pane (double exterior and single interior) plus the interior pane has a "swing open" mechanism and locking mechanism. We've never looked back. Love them!

    Cheers to new windows and doors. The investment in your home is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't joined our buy nothing group as of yet, but perhaps will take a look at it to see if I can use it. I know at one time a member would pick things up and then resell them at a pretty good price. I think she/he was kicked out of the group.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feels good to get the stuff out of the house doesn't it? We are doing decluttering now and I can't wait to move it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on a Buy Nothing group for our township. Not much gets posted on there. I did get some free plants one time. I recently joined a bigger Buy Nothing group and I took a look through the posts...seems like most of it is baby and little kid stuff and people wanting used furniture. When we cleaned out our garage last spring, we put things we didn't want at the curb and it all got picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you are organizing like crazy. I have that urge, as well! Good for you--getting rid of so many bags of stuff. We are piling our discards in the garage and I will haul them upstairs in the shop soon to add to another pile we have going up there. Once it's a decent size, we are planning a short yard sale. (Meaning we will only be open for a relatively short time period). What's left--off to Union Gospel Mission thrift store. I've never done Buy-nothing, but it looks like a good idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not heard of that group - I'm on a Free cycle group but of late, only real disgusting junk gets posted. Your front porch area is very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐