If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Working on my to do list

Hello everyone 
I can’t say I’m going real fast but I have checked off a few things on that to do list.
My biggest job was deep cleaning the fridge.  
When there were 7 of us living here,  it was like a game of Jenga fitting all the groceries, leftovers, lunch things, etc in to this fridge.  
It seemed like it was always full to capacity. 
So yesterday, I took everything out shelf by shelf.  I also took out all the shelves and drawers and door cubbies. 
Everything got washed in the sink with Dawn Powerwash and and a scrub brush.  
I’m a big fan of the Dawn.  It really cleans off stuff with no effort. 

Before

After 
Besides cleaning,  I also refilled the tea dispenser, peeled a bag of tiny oranges, 
and brought more eggs and a bag of big oranges from the shop fridge into this fridge. 
I found multiple types of cheese that need to be used soon so we will be having pizza, tacos and salad with grated cheese on top this week.  
There are also 2 containers of sour cream so I should use some of it in something baked soon.  

I only cleaned the fridge side.  The freezer side still needs cleaned but I don’t think it will be a very big job. 

❤️ Rhonda 


14 comments:

  1. Actually, the before side is less crowded than our refrigerator. Cleaning a refrigerator is always so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m happy ours is done. When 7 of us were here, this fridge was so crowded

      Delete
  2. I've been working like that this week too! I tackled the pantry this week, my bedroom closet and drawers and the medicine stash in the hall closet. Whew! The list is shrinking, but I still have a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I’ve still got lots to do but at least some much needed projects are getting done

      Delete
  3. Congrats, I love a clean fridge but it only happens about once a year for me ;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I’m embarrassed to say it’s been awhile since ours was clean

      Delete
  4. Well done Rhonda. I hope to get onto inventorying my freezers and fridge very soon. Just need to finish a couple of other projects first.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never understand how people can say they are bored, there is always something to do, isn’t there?

      Delete
  5. Cleaning out the fridge has been on my to-do list, too! It's a job I absolutely hate, so thankfully, Brian helps me with that. He washes all the shelves and bins; I clean the inside. Those side-by-side refrigerator freezers don't have a lot of room...I can only imagine how crowded it was with seven people in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for Brian! I would like to have a bigger fridge but our refrigerator is in the walkway in our kitchen and if you look close in the pictures you can see that there is a stack of drawers right in front of the fridge.
      It was very crowded for the last 10 months, with fresh food and leftovers and things to take for lunches. We managed but it truly was like playing Jenga many days

      Delete
  6. A clean organized refrigerator is a must. I get the icks if I go to someone's home and they have a messy refrigerator and we're there for a meal. I always try and clean it out when we are having quests over and in between. I guess it might a clean fridge fetish??? Is there such a thing? lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There might be! But I kind of like most things to be clean. I know what you mean about really horrible refrigerators, where leftovers might be weeks old and stored in mystery containers.🤢

      Delete
  7. We had 9 of us here for only 2 weeks over Christmas, and I could not believe how the refrig got out of control. I can't imagine the length of time you have been having family living with you. I know it feels so good to be reclaiming your home. :) By the way---your daughter's kitchen is GORGEOUS!

    I have been puttering away since the 1st. Today, instead of buying another shower caddy I decided to combine 3 kinds of shampoo and 2 kinds of conditioner, thus eliminating lots of bottles. It all fits on the caddy now and I saved some money !! Jane in Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that that new kitchen is absolutely gorgeous and thank you. Good for you to combine the bottles in the shower. That sounds like something I would do.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐