If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, August 21, 2023

Good morning 🌞



Good Monday morning everyone 
I got a lot of rest this weekend and I’m feeling good this morning.
 Even still,  this just written to-do list is much shorter than my usual lists but is more realistic of what I might actually accomplish 





Over the weekend,  I had 40 pounds of Colorado peaches to deal with.  
I peeled the ones for a relative and froze them in bags. 
At home,  I blanched ours and that was the best way.  The peels almost fell off.  
My husband helped and we sliced and froze ours too.  

The peaches are delicious but not the quality we are used to from this farm- but I understand peach crops most everywhere have not been good this year.  

Our summer started out both wetter and cooler that usual but…… it’s going out with a bang!  


So my plan today is to get some much needed housework done- especially our tile floors this morning.  
Then I’ll sit and read or sew once it gets really hot this afternoon 


Hope you all have a great Monday 

❤️ Rhonda 


PS. I will do a requested post about Branson soon 







6 comments:

  1. I'm the Branson requester... so THANKS!!! (Deb G. from CT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love canning peaches. They were so super-sweet mid-winter. The ones I have bought lately for eating are pretty tasteless and "dry".

    Your to-do list looks like plenty to me! I am doing a lot of yard work these days...thinning out and cleaning out Areca palms. I keep telling myself.."inch by inch it's a cinch--" I am trying not to enforce a timetable on myself!

    I find lately that I have to force myself to deep clean. Not sure why that is. Age? (I am 76) I do keep things picked up and tidy and use the Dustbuster for obvious items that I spot. I need inspiration!!

    Have a great day! Jane in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  3. My memories of peaches in boxes is when my mother canned peaches in the summer and I helped. Later, she froze them when she had a huge freezer. I canned and froze them, too, when I married. Peaches are the most flavorful of all harvests. At 77, I have aspirations but no energy to even tackle peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh peaches are so stinking good. You do what you can when you can - that is good.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When our sons were young I canned peaches, pears, cherries and plums. Those were their before they went to bed treats. Haven't done so in years.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rhonda :) The peaches look great, but sound like a lot of work! I like your shorter To-do list. It's too hot to work too hard :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐