If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, August 27, 2023

Recap of a hot week

Good morning everyone

I’m still liking Kroger delivery.
This week, I really only needed fresh things and Kroger had deals on all of it 
I pretty much only buy things that are on sale, are Free-Bees  or have coupons though 
The milk was a very good price.  I poured a little off the extra ones into a small pitcher and froze them. 
The energy drink was a Free-Bee and I imagine one of our grown children might want it 



I refilled the hummingbird feeders with homemade nectar
Country Living magazine says to bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add 1 cup of sugar.  
I keep the extra nectar in a glass jar in the fridge. 
 My husband saw it and  asked if I was making moonshine 😊

We don’t garden much these days but we do have some bush green beans planted for fall in this narrow raised bed along the east side of our house. 
Bush green beans are easy- they don’t need any climbing support 

As I’ve already mentioned, it’s been so hot here so we ate out several times this week because it’s especially hot in our kitchen. 
This was the funnest meal out, shared with 2 grandsons 

Jackson is 8 and a 3rd grader,  JJ is 10 and a 5th grader.  


Our weather forecast for next week is cooler and I’m so thankful! 

Hope you all have a great week
❤️Rhonda 


10 comments:

  1. Wow! When did Stillwater get a Kroger? When I lived there options were Walmart, Sprouts, and the one over there across from CVS. I am a Kentucky girl and I must say I thought that was moonshine when I first saw the picture! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no actual brick and mortar Kroger anywhere in Oklahoma. There is a delivery service for Kroger out of Edmond. They are refrigerated electric trucks and deliver the freshest, good quality groceries

      Delete
    2. Very creative business model for Kroger.

      Delete
  2. The hummingbirds are guzzling the nectar here. I always keep extra in frig as well.
    It is supposed to be much cooler here this week. So happy many will be cooling down.
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We arrived home from two weeks away last Sunday needing a restock. The day before I had placed a delivery order from Walmart and it arrived Monday morning right on time. It was great! No going out in the heat when we were exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some good prices. We don't have Kroger in California

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great prices on your groceries.

    Looks like a very fun meal, one that was enjoyed by all.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! That moonshine comment cracked me up!
    It's so nice to be able to be with grandchildren.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boys are so cute! And I've been avoiding anything in the oven (except the cake I was craving) because my kitchen stays so hot, once I run the oven. And that nectar does remind me of moonshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know the brand name of those hummingbird feeders (and where you got them?). They look very easy to both fill and clean!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐