If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, September 7, 2023

2 days in September

Hello everyone 
It took 3 sewing sessions but I finished the pair of pillowcases.  
I do like this burrito sewing method and plan to sew more. 
Search on YouTube or Pinterest and you will find many tutorials on how to do this 

Meals this week so far 
      

I cooked the second half of that package of cube steak. I added a sliced onion and a sliced bell pepper. The sauce was 1 beef broth, thickened with 1T cornstarch, also some soy sauce and just a little bit of brown sugar. It was delicious! 
The other meal is some leftover lentil chili with some leftover corn. It was good too. 


My daughter has been wanting something from dollar tree that she saw on Instagram. So I have a several trips to dollar tree looking for them.



What she wants is probably in the store but , it’s just in these boxes that are not getting unpacked very fast at all. 
What a big job that little store staff has!
And yes, I did walk by and read the labels on some of the boxes to see if I could see the wire pumpkin wreath frames that she is looking for. I couldn’t find them, and I certainly couldn’t look at every box.



I take a walk outside most every morning.
Wasn’t this sunrise beautiful?

I’ve had my walk today, but so far not much else. 
I need to get busy now!

Hope you all have a great day
❤️ Rhonda 














15 comments:

  1. I have never seen a DT with that much room for stock. And, it appears you can walk around the boxes. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is still plenty of room to walk around even with so many boxes everywhere- but I’m glad it’s not my mess to put away

      Delete
  2. Love the pillow cases! What a beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I took them to my mom and she was very pleased with them

      Delete
  3. I rarely go to DT, but the couple of times I went this summer, that store looked like it had been ravaged. I stopped last Sunday and it was neat and orderly. The absolute best I've ever seen it. They still didn't have what I was looking for, but at least it wasn't unpleasant to look. Lol.
    My sister moved from Texas to Sioux City, Iowa in late May, and we spent a lot of time together this summer. She came here for a couple of days in early August, and taught Layla to sew. She made an apron, a pillow cover, and a little strawberry pincushion. (I managed a table runner, though it didn't turn out near as well as Layla's apron!) I still have the sewing stuff on a table in the dining room, so we're going to make some bowl cozies and tortilla warmers for Christmas gifts, I think. I always think of you when I sew. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re so sweet Tammy ❤️if you weren’t 2 states away, we could sew together
      I love that Layla is sewing already. I learned when I was young too

      We went to a DT in Lawton OK once, it was so bad in there, I first wondered if we were being punked. Jeff pretty much insisted we leave after being there about 30 seconds. 😂

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm really only 1½ states away! Lol. I feel like we'd talk so much we wouldn't get a lot of sewing done. ☺

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the pillowcases! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ❤️ I was really pleased with how they turned out

      Delete
  5. Great job on the pillowcases. Very pretty. I love your sunrises and your walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie- I’ll be sewing more pillowcases, I like how they turned out

      Delete
  6. As I said on IG, I love that fabric! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s by a company called Little Quilts. But I’d guess it’s not in production anymore, it was nice to sew with as it was a good quality fabric

      Delete
  7. It always looks wonderful the way you present your meals. I have a few sewing projects I am working on. Yours came out beautiful! That picture of the sunrise is lovely. What a nice idea to be out taking a walk as the sun is coming up! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ❤️ it has been especially pretty outside early in the morning

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐