If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, September 10, 2023

End of a good week……

Hello everyone I hope you all had a good weekend 
4 of our grands were here Friday night for a sleepover
2 of them got up and went on an early morning walk with me 
  
Hamming it up 
Mrs. White,  I walk early in the morning because it’s the only cool time to do it.  All summer, it’s usually reached 80 by 8 a.m. and climbs to 100, and that is way too hot for me.  
Early morning walks are especially pretty too so for now, it just been my routine. 

We also visited a relative in an assisted living residence.  
That’s the 3 boys on the way out.  
The boys are 8, 10 and 11 but going down this hall, they all look about the same size.  

Meals the last few days 
Salmon patties, Cole slaw and potato salad inspired by 2 recipe links posted by  Melanie  at Comfy House 


When the grands were here Friday night,  we got a family pack from Texas Roadhouse- a big salad, chicken critters, fresh rolls, seasoned rice and steak fries and lots of condiments.  
  But I didn’t get the photo until after plates had been filled.  It’s our favorite takeout and it’s a lot of good food for about $40.   And the leftovers are delicous too!  

This weeks Kroger delivery 
I think it was about $32
There was a second pack of buns I put straight in the freezer.  
The ginger snaps and tortillas were Free-Bees this week.  
Kind of shocking what groceries cost- and as usual, I only shopped sale items except for the celery, green onions and bananas. 

A good book I just finished - I read it on Kindle Unlimited but I imagine it is available at libraries and other online book borrowing services 


Good night everyone 
❤️ Rhonda 









8 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got all of that food for $40! We do family dinner every week and I'm always looking for meal deals. I'll have to call them! Also, are the free items from Kroger based on coupons they offer? I get coupons in the mail and they usually offer one free item, but it's almost always a roll of breakfast sausage. Just curious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always order the family pack on the Texas Roadhouse app. And then just pick it up outside at the window. It really is the best deal going for good take out food.
      We have extra rolls and I will be making our slider hamburgers on them tonight.

      About the Kroger free bees, they are also on my Kroger app. There is usually two, sometimes three new ones every Wednesday when the new ad comes out
      There is no Kroger store in my state. Everything I do is through a delivery hub in the Oklahoma City area. And since I don’t have an actual store to go to, I have never gotten coupons in the mail. It’s possible that people with actual stores get different offers than people with just a delivery hub, I just don’t know.

      Delete
  2. Such handsome boys. I bet that was a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fun weekend, but I was quite tired by the end of it- this grandma is feeling her age

      Delete
  3. Your grandsons remind me of our three oldest grandsons. They are the same ages as yours and they are as close as brothers. We call them the Three Musketeers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These 3 are definitely buddies. But they are in school all day now, in 2 different school districts, and their visits are much less frequent than when they were younger

      Delete
  4. Hello!! Suzette in Louisiana over from Coffee with Kate. Those green onion bottoms can be planted and grow so easy! My dad taught me that. :) Could maybe save you next time around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzette. Thank you for coming over to visit. Next time I have green onions, I will try your trick.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐