If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, September 4, 2023

Starting off September

Hello everyone 
It’s getting closer to autumn but it’s still 100% summer in Oklahoma.  The heat is exhausting so I mostly stay inside, in air conditioning and do quiet things in the heat of the day.  

I didn’t make an actual to do list for this week.  I did the big housework over the weekend-floors bathrooms, laundry.  
So I’ll just do housework as needed this week.  
I needed a few groceries so I went to a Walmart- what was I thinking?  If you’ve read my blog, you know I like to do grocery pickup from Walmart and delivery from Kroger.  
Today’s trip convinced me that pickup and delivery suit me best too!  

Cook something
I made a double batch of energy balls - these have mini chocolate chips- and will be eaten in school lunches by some of the grands. 

I took a package of cube steaks from the freezer but it was much too much beef for my husband and I for 1 meal.
So, I cut about half of it into cubes for tonight’s beef stew and cut the other half into strips for a meal later this week- maybe fajitas or pepper steak

The beef stew tonight was delicious !
 

Sew Something
Mrs. Laura Lane said on her blog that September is national sewing month.  
I’ve been decluttering my sewing room over the last week but today,  I started a new project.
Have you heard of the 15 minute or burrito style pillowcase sewing method?  
If you look on YouTube or Pinterest,  you’ll see many tutorials.  
We need new pillowcases for our bed so I got started on a pair.  
2 cut out pillowcases and one of them pinned and ready to start sewing.  
It may only take 15 minutes for an experienced pillow case maker to sew them.  But it took me 30 minutes to iron and cut out my pieces-  
Hopefully I can sew them both up tomorrow 

A few Grandchildren updates
Gavin and Braeden raise dairy cattle.  During our local county fair, they were featured on a morning news show.  They did a great job talking to the host.  
Gavin, 14, is our oldest grandchild.
Braeden is 11


This is our youngest grand.  
She was on a weekend trip.  
Her parents ordered her ice cream for dessert and the restaurant treated her to cotton candy as well.  
Fun photo, right? 😂😂😂
And no, she did not eat all that sugar herself.  




Hope you all have had a good Monday 
❤️Rhonda 











4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am a go into the store type gal. I want to touch and see what I buy! LOL
    What cute pictures of the grands! Goodness, that is a thick cut cube steak! I bet it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute picture of your granddaughter :) what a kid's dream come true...ice cream and cotton candy in the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew cube steak was so versatile. I ONLY make chicken fried steak out of it. I’m going to have to try these out of the box (to me) way to cook it. TFS. -Rosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like chicken fried steak but I’m trying to eat like my doctor wants me to. That cube steak worked great in both the beef stew and pepper steak stirfry. It’s already tender so it didn’t take long at all to make the stew.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐