If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Casual couponing

One of my goals for 2024 was to do casual couponing a few times a month and I’ve pretty much done it.  
I don’t use paper coupons,  just digital coupons on the store webpage or app.  
I’m not trying to spend zero,  I just want to get products my family uses at as big a discount as I legally and reasonably can.  

There are many coupon experts out there.  
Look on Instagram or YouTube and you’ll find all the advice you can use.  

I’ve been doing my coupon shopping at Walgreens and DollarGeneral.  And just a few times at CVS.

I plan out my deals but I never know just how they will go until I check out.  

Today I got 2 big packs of Bounty towels,  3 toothpastes and 1 tooth brush. 
My out of pocket cash spent was $23ish (I  should have planned to spend Walgreens cash but I forgot and the cashier didn’t ask). I also used some digital coupons and some Walgreens rewards from last week) 
Walgreens gives out paper rewards -made the $4, $3 and $5 rewards under the toothpastes?  
And they give out Walgreens cash- see my earnings and balance on today’s receipt 


I never know exactly how a transaction will go but lately they have been going great!

At Dollar General, I use their digital coupons and combine them with sales and cash rewards.  
I’ve been happy with my purchases there too.  


I’ve got a nice stockpile at home and I just started making a pile for my daughter.  They are not low income but they are raising a family, and their property insurance and loan interest rates are going up, just like so many people.  



The main products I see with the biggest discounts and rewards are laundry products and dental products,  next are cosmetics and personal care like lotions, hair products, etc.  
I’ve also found recent deals on paper products.   And air freshener products- 


This way of shopping isn’t for everyone but I’m thankful for it and it’s helping us.  
 
❤️Rhonda 

5 comments:

  1. I have thought about getting the digital coupons with DG but it's such a drive for us. Maybe in the future, but for now I do the grocery store digital coupons a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have slacked off with couponing and need to get back to doing better at exactly what you do - just using the resources available without a lot of fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a cupboard full of things I got for very little money and my college age kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every bit one can save makes life a bit easier.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did very well Rhonda! It's a good thing you didn't pay with points, because you wouldn't have earned the $12 points then. I love that you're sharing products with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐