If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, March 4, 2024

March 4th

Hello everyone 
My husband and I went to Oklahoma City today, partly to shop and partly to have a day out.  
We went to the Air Force base and shopped a little. 
Our youngest granddaughter turned 5 and we bought her  2 spring church dresses.  
I think maybe that’s  just  a southern thing, calling nice dresses “church dresses”- back when people were concerned about dressing properly for an occasion.  Some occasions called for a school dress, some called for a church dress and some called for a fancier, formal dress.  


The commissary just didn’t have many good deals or even reasonable prices. 
They do sell marked down meat in a freezer bunker.  
I’ve never bought this cut of pork but they look very lean - and I think I bought them just because they were $1 a package.  
The look like slices of loin that have been tenderized.  
I’m thinking tomorrow I’ll bread and pan sauté a package, serve on a bun, like a fast food pork sandwich.  


I saw this on Facebook and it made me laugh.  
March 4th everyone 

❤️Rhonda 






10 comments:

  1. I didn't do much marching today. In fact, I napped in the chair a good part of the afternoon. Oops. I wanted a nap all weekend and it just never worked out. I guess today was the day.
    Cute dresses! Layla has decided she's "not a dress person" right now.
    I've not seen cubed pork loin ever. I'll be interested in how it cooks up. Last week Layla and I had lunch with Nick at the local meat store. She ordered the steak strips kid's meal. She took a bite and told me that was the best chicken strip she'd ever had! Nick and I both said at the same time, "that's because it's steak". Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresses are darling. What a deal on the meat.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I remember "church dresses"!! We also called church "big church" when our kids were old enough to sit with us and not be in the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute dresses. I've seen cubed steak, but never cubed pork, but at that price I'd buy it too. I think your idea on how to use it will be great.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the March 4th!!

    Cute dresses and cube steak bargains, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dresses are adorable and I'm sure your granddaughter will love them. Yes, they are called Church dresses from where I'm from. There are very few good deals on any type of food now. Blessings when we find something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are Southern church dresses for sure! And so cute! I use the pork cube steaks anyway that you would use beef cubed steaks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The commissary is the only place I've ever seen cubed pork steaks. I make them just like chicken fried steak with cream gravy. YUM! I wish we lived close to a commissary but the closest is 3 hours away. Let us know what you made and how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I always called the good pants, and my dressier clothes as "church". Our sons still laugh about that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐