If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

February 17- hard winter phase and bananas

First,  here is how the bananas are faring 


The bananas are pretty much fully ripe now.  The one I ate yesterday was a little riper than I prefer but it was still firm and not mushy like ripe bananas can be.

My unscientific results seem to say that bananas bought while green will keep a week and still be edible using this Rubbermaid box. 
I’ll keep using it and let y’all know it goes.  

In weather news,  it’s been so cold and we have about a foot of snow on the ground.
We’re having energy problems too. 
Our area has had to have electrical rolling blackouts and we’ve been asked to conserve all energy.
So we are keeping our heat turned lower than we prefer and we aren’t using any appliances like stove, washers, dryers, sewing machines, vacuum cleaners, etc: 

Some friends of ours that live just south of the Dallas area live in a town with a failed water plant, caused by the weather.  
First in their house, some water lines froze and then all water has stopped coming to their home.
To at least keep toilets flushed,  they are thawing buckets of snow for flush water. 


Above is part of what he posted on Facebook.  
Thankfully their 10 year old son is helping and thinks it’s all a big adventure.  


I’m ready for this winter adventure to end.  Thankfully above freezing temperatures are coming this weekend and maybe things will start getting back to normal.  

❤️ Rhonda 

4 comments:

  1. I laughed. Don't you just love little boys and their energy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Illinois, we've had single digit - below zero temps for weeks now and we have at least 30" of snow on the ground. And no problems. However, that's because our area is prepared for it since it happens every winter. This is typical. I feel so sorry for those of you who live in states where this kind of weather is not normal and therefore, it causes problems. What are you doing for dinners if you're not to use your stove or oven? What happens when you need to do laundry?

    We're getting worried about all the snow on our roof right now though, especially since temps will finally start to climb and then all the thawing can cause a lot of water and ice damage. My husband has tomorrow off work, so he's going to be in search of a roof rake to try and get some of the snow off the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to say with the covid lock down I am now excited about your bananas life expectancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you.
    My sister is in central Texas, and they've been very fortunate to not have lost power or have water problems. They are conserving energy, though, doing everything they can to help. I just really feel for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐