If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Banana Oatmeal Muffins



There were 2 overripe bananas in my kitchen this morning so I baked them into some everyday muffins - not too sweet or too rich. After they cooled, I bagged them up and froze them for future breakfasts and snacks.

Banana Oatmeal Muffins

the original recipe said it makes 12, mine might be a little smaller but I got 17.
On other recipes, I've filled the cups too full and had more than one big mess after baking cupcakes and muffins, sometimes the batter will bake on to the top of the muffin pan or sometimes the muffins will all run together, so I would rather have them a little small and no mess.


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas ( my 2 bananas did not measure enough so I added enough applesauce to make a cup)

1.Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
2.In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.
3.Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. These look good. I will add this to my recipe box and once we move I will make a batch. I am so sick right now. I think it must be either a cold or allergies from all the dust of moving.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love banana stuff. I will have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. I love muffins. Especially if they are already baked and in the freezer, waiting for a busy day.

    I don't think I've ever made that combination with the bananas and the oats. I bet they are very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sounds delicious. One to try, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It sounds so good and healthy with the oats too. We are on the same wavelength I think these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! Will have to try this recipe. :) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish I had bananas to stay long enough around here to make some muffins some day! Yours looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda, I tried your recipe today. They are terrific! I love the texture with the oats, very nice.

    Sweet pic of the baby by the way. She is getting big already. You can tell she is changing with her wavy locks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐