If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Green and frugal tip

My friend Terri aka PennyAnn Poundwise shared this tip with me. She said she has a basket by her kitchen sink for dishcloths. Her household uses them whenever they need to wipe up a spill, dry their hands, etc.
I thought it sounded like a good idea so I found a basket I already had and filled it with dishcloths.

We are using fewer paper towels so that makes it both frugal and green.

Here you can see my whole kitchen sink. On the ledge behind the sink, you can see some of my container garden produce, either drying after being washed or ripening a little more. I have to pick our tomatoes just as they start to turn red before the birds peck them. Then they ripen safely indoors.

Thank you Terri for this tip!

12 comments:

  1. I need to get back into the habit of using dish towels and cloth napkins instead of paper towels.

    We have tomatoes and things sitting around all the summer to ripen, just like you do. Yours look nice behind the sink like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea! I have various towels and dishcloths on a shelf by the side of our fridge, but that would be really handy to have them by the sink. :) I get a lot of neat baskets from a nearby thrift store, so I welcome any ideas on how to use them. This is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep my dish towels and cloths in a basket on the counter, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture has given me an idea of where to dry or ripen my produce. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use old dishtowels too:) I've been combing Goodwill for a vintage wire basket to hold them in, but to no avail (Yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have homemade napkins folded at one end and dish cloths rolled up at the other end of a basket. The garden veggies are currently in a pretty dish waiting for use. We have been using so much less paper towels this way !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very green and frugal using the cloths instead. I like your basket too!

    I'm glad to hear your container produce is doing so well now. I'm still hopin' and a prayin' that I get some produce myself soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I like your basket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I'm pretty sure I can come up with a basket for washcloths. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've used rags instead of papertowels for several years now. It does make so much more sense!

    My sink is a white castiron one just like yours! They are lovely when they've just been cleaned and bleached, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute and useful idea Rhonda...your basket is so cute too!
    Thanks so much for sharing...I know this one will be adopted in our house (probably this week) as our towel drawer is always bulging and difficult to close. :)
    Warmly,
    Tracey
    x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rhonda, I linked to this post today. Thanks! Debbie J.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐