If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, July 12, 2010

Real exciting stuff

no, not really. This post is just about everyday and routine homekeeping things of summer.

First, Debbie posted last week about what is under her kitchen sink and asked to see everyone else's too.
There is not much under my kitchen sink - our sink is in a corner on a diagonal and there is less space under it than any sink we've ever had. The garbage disposal takes up a good bit of space.

a small trashcan (I have a bigger one on the other end of the kitchen but this small one is really handy)
a bottle of dishwasher soap turned upside down to get the last bit out
some bleach spray and scouring powder - both used to keep that white sink white
rubber gloves and a scrub brush
and a few empty jars - so, care to join in with Debbie and share what is under your sink too?
we did not go to any yard sales this Saturday but I went to one thrift store this week. Their linens were half price and I got this vintage sheet with violets on it for 75 cents.

My parents went to an estate sale in their neighborhood and got this red Pyrex for me and the loaf pan - I like them both a lot!

I did a little kitchen experimenting this morning, I used up some strawberries bought on sale, blueberries left from the 4th of July and some apples that had been in the crisper drawer a few weeks. After some online research, I just started cooking. I used way less sugar than the recipes called for as I like jam a little tart and no pectin.
The result was 2 pints of strawberry jam, a tiny jar of blueberry jam and 2 jars of apple butter that I did not seal, just put those 2 straight in the fridge.

The petunias and begonias by the front door have bloomed so pretty this summer.
The little white chairs being used as plant stands make me smile. We got them at a yard sale for $1 but when Gavin tried sitting in them, they always fell over. I think their base is too narrow to be safe for a toddler. But one of my blog readers said they would be cute as plant stands and she was right.

I spent half of this morning doing yard work, mowing, weeding, edging, watering.
My father in law is in town and one of his specialties is yard work. Our front hedge was badly in need of trimming so he took care of that part this afternoon. It was getting pretty shaggy and I had been considering trying to trim it myself. But I am really glad he did it, I know he got it much straighter than I would of.

Theo got a bath today, can you tell how thrilled he is?

I actually prefer days at home when I can do this kind of stuff - so it may not be exciting but when I am home, I always stay busy and never run out of things to do.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda, it sure looks like you have been busy! It takes a lot of effort to keep those home fires burning, that's for sure. (Maybe not the best analogy in this heat, but you know what I mean.)

    Love your new finds, your yard looks great! Love the pic of Theo and his happiness after bathing, lol. Too cute.

    Thank you for your note. Sending kind thoughts to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the goodies you find and the fun, homey things you do! I love busy-but-happy days at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under your sink is very neat Rhonda. I turn bottles upside down to get the last bit out too.

    Love the pyrex bowls. Your collection is growing. I really like them.

    Theo is funny!

    Love the little white chairs as plant stands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chairs do look neat as plant stands. I love the sheet. People are doing quilts out of vintage sheets. I always tell people to be on the look out at sales and places. Don't think anybody remembers! Nice of your FIL to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dear Friend,
    Looks like you have been busy too. Your house looks like our new house. :) Miss Candi said tell Theo she hates a bath too.LOL
    I am cleaning the attic today. I like days at home too.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is beautiful! Love the geraniums.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐