If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, July 26, 2010

What's been going on at my home

We went to a few yard sales on Saturday. Not much purchased though,
I did find these 8 napkins, white with black and red cherries- 50 cents for the set

and 2 packs of vintage rick rack - 10 cents. Can you read on the packages how much they originally sold for?

I cooked a big meal and as I prepared the dishes, I lined them up so I could keep everything straight. First I put the roast beef in the oven. Then I peeled the potatoes, got the carrots ready to bake, cut the fresh corn off the cob and put it in a pan to cook on the stove top, made bread dough and have it rising, made a marinated vegetable salad like I read about on Lyn's blog and made a chocolate icebox pie.
Once all that was done, I put the salad and pie in the fridge, then I took a shower!

close up of Lyn's salad

This book arrived in today's mail. I won in a giveaway at Kusine.com - a really neat blog about sewing, gardening, cooking - if you have time, go visit.

Now I just have to decide which project to sew first........

11 comments:

  1. Wow You have been busy. I am feeling better. We closed today. I put a few pictures on my Simple Place. We move tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal looks so good. I bet your family loves coming to your home for dinner, Rhonda.

    Thanks for sharing my salad link. I think yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add that I just adore those napkins, and a great deal on the vintage rick rack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Can I come for dinner? Looks great! Have you ever shared your cake recipe? It looks like something we would love!

    I always throw my potatoes and carrots in with the roast....it's the lazy way to do it! ha.

    That book is adorable! Love that cozy on the front of it! how very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the napkins and the food looks very delicious.I just made a clothespin bag last night using ric rack on the opening. You will find something cute to use yours on, perhaps a baby girl's outfit? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the napkins. My daughter likes cherry stuff. The meal looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those napkins are so cute! Looks like a wonderful meal...any leftovers? I wonder how long it would take me to get to OK? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling napkins! They remind me of Mary Engelbreit artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cherry napkins. The menu looks delicious too and I'm in agreement with wanting to learn about your chocolate icebox pie recipe :-)) Enjoy your meal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful fruit salad! Love the book too. I can't wait to see what you make first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those napkins are adorable. I inherited some linens from my Nana, but keep a keen eye out for 'new' bargains.

    And well done on the ric rac, fantastic deal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐