If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday doings



I was thinking about what to cook for supper while reading a few blogs this afternoon. My good friend Terri / Penny Ann Poundwise posted this yummy looking cookie recipe on her blog. They sound great like she makes them, but my hubby is not crazy about raisins, so I left off her filling. Then since I knew the cookie dough would not be absorbing any moisture from the filling, I added 1 egg to the creamed butter and sugar.

Cinnamon Raisin Bars

1/2 cup butter

1 cup brown sugar ( and 1 egg if you make it the same as I did)

1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats

Raisin Filling: sounds great but I omitted it.
1/4 cup sugar

1 tbsp cornstarch

1 cup water

2 cups raisins

Cinnamon Icing: This frosting is so good with the cinnamon. I increased it so it would have coating of icing
1 cup sifted confectioner's sugar (1.5 cups)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (3/4 tsp)
Milk (about 1 tbsp) Just enough more to make a spreadable glaze

Make raisin filling first. Mix sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add water and raisins. Cover over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Cool.

Make cookie base: Cream butter and sugar. Stir in dry ingredients. Add oats and 1 tbsp water. Mix until crumbly. Firmly pat half the mixture into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 pan. Spread with cooled raisin filling. To remaining crumb mixture add another 1 tbsp water. Spoon over raisin filling. Pat smooth. Bake in 350F oven for 35 minutes. Cool. Drizzle with Cinnamon Icing.

Mix confectioner's sugar, cinnamon and enough milk to make drizzling consistency frosting.

I really like this recipe and I think it will become a go-to recipe for me. It was easy to mix up, very tasty and I think they will freeze well for lunchboxes and snacks.
Thank you Terri, you have the best ideas!


Jeff got some fresh corn from a coworker. It was the last of this years crop and some of the ears looked kind of rough....

We shucked and cleaned them and all but 2 were just fine - fresh corn is so good!


And here are 2 new pictures of Baby Elizabeth - she is 6 weeks old today.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda,
    Looks like you had a busy day. I mostly laid it bed. I feel like a truck has run over me. LOL
    Baby E is so beautiful.
    Have a wonderful week end.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Elizabeth is so cute. 6 weeks already! Look at her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Suddenly I'm hungry! ha.

    What a sweet baby...love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies looks delicious. I will drop y this afternoon for a taste! LOL!! I can't believe Elizabeth is already 6 weeks old! I love her summery dress that she has on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! The food looks good, and what a cute baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, your baby Elizabeth is so darling. Your bars look wonderful and the muffins from one post back look wonderful, too!
    I love banana bread and muffins. I made two loaves tonight for my new Converts class tomorrow, I hope they will enjoy them as much as I do. I'm so bad for baked goods.
    Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sweet! I know you are tickled pink to have another baby to love. I can't believe my grandson is almost 3! Baby E is already 6 weeks old and it doesn't seem like its been that long either. She'll be going to kindergarten, before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww baby Elizabeth is precious! I love her little face. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Look at those curls! So sweet. :-)

    Thanks for the recipe. Those look amazing! I hate raisins with a passion (they have a very creepy texture), so I appreciate the modifications.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth is so precious! I love her hair and those curls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐