If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 17, 2014

another I Spy quilt

This I Spy quilt is for grandson JJ who just turned 1.  I finished it about 2 weeks ago but am a bit behind with my blogging.  Anyone notice?  it seems a lot of my favorite blogs are not posting too often -I think everyone is busy.  


so, here it is.   I think this is my 4th quilt finish for 2014.
 I tried to use prints that had some meaning to JJ and his family.  The sewing mouse on the spool is because I sew.  The tractors for his tractor loving cousins.
 JJ's family visits the beach most every summer so the little beach boy and seashells really suit them.
the funny chicken fabric came from my Aunt Evelyn's scrap box.  
 these last 3 are all turned wrong but I am on the big PC instead of my Ipad and can't get them to turn.  
a golfer because his daddy is a golf coach
a dinosaur because of his 1st party's theme

cowboys and a coyote because we live in Oklahoma
The church sort of resembles our church




JJ had a very fun dinosaur 1st birthday party and enjoyed his cake about as much as anyone could.  
He ate a little of the cake but it was mostly a wonderful plaything. 

10 comments:

  1. I love the I Spy quilt with every other block being solid. Oh JJ is so cute! 1 already!
    You are going to hit your goal on quilts this year---I bet you might go over!
    Happy Easter to you and your Family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful quilt! And such a fun little boy; I remember those days of babies playing in the cake. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute kid and cute quilt. I think you are correct a mundo. Everyone is busy because the weather is finally getting better.

    Hugs and Happy Easter,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy
    www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, he is so cute! Love the hair!

    That quilt is adorable..very boyish and it will be so fun to play I Spy with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is going to be a keepsake for sure! What an adorable little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic quilt and it will be a keepsake forever. I recently pulled out a quilt my grandmother made for me when I was about 8. Instead of having things to find on the fabrics she embroidered things I liked at the time on the various squares. One day your grandchild will be 50 plus and delight in seeing it again also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute quilt, but I can't take my eye's off that beautiful little boy!!! I know what you mean about blogging I am having a heck of a time getting to it these days too

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is beautiful and what a precious little man you have there! Yes, blogging has been put on the back burner for a while. Really busy with doctor appointments, work and now getting ready for our son to graduate college.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure this quilt will be loved for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new I Spy quilt! Cannot believe JJ is a year old already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐