If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, April 7, 2014

Asian Noodle Stirfry

I made this delicious and thrifty recipe Friday night, again!
The original recipe is here at Heavenly Homemaker

It is flexible - I started by looking in our fridge for vegetables that especially needed  cooking. The big head of broccoli is what I started with. I also added onion, celery, and carrots and a little fresh garlic.
This is big batch- I wanted to have leftovers.
So, there is a big pot of water coming to a boil on the right, out of the picture. It will cook that pound bag of penne pasta.

I sauté the veggies, in Olive oil, one or two at a time, just cooking them a little and leaving a little crunch.
The veggies usually finish cooking about the same time as the pasta.

Drain the pasta when done, then the cooked veggies and soy sauce and pepper to taste are added. Stir a little and feed to your family.  I add salt to the pasta water and use low salt soy sauce - for our taste buds, it is plenty salty without adding more salt.

I've made this with spaghetti noodles and with frozen stirfry noodles. 
Cabbage and water chestnuts are good too. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I LOVE using up what's in my fridge. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks wonderful! We like our veggies with a little crisp left, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I wish we had a good chinese place out here but no. I will have to try this.

    Hugs,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy
    www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my boys would like this for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yum! I love to eat this type of meal. Thanks for sharing an easy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM ! I haven't made a stirfry in ages...now of course I want to soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious, Rhonda! We love stirfry...it's a great way to use up those leftover veggies!
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! That looks so good! I could go for some chinese right about now =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐