If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thrift store dining room table found ........

Our dining room has the strangest shape but it still needs to seat a big group.


See how the window wall is on an angle and the back wall closes off the space with a curve, I would change both of those if I could. 


I got this old heavy handmade trestle table at my favorite thrift store this morning.

Before I found this one, i thought I wanted a longer table than this 6 footer. 
But once I got it home and set up, I could see our 9 dining chairs fit around it just right. A longer table would just take up more room than we really have to spare anyway. 

The price of this one was really good too - $70

I would prefer a different table cloth but none of mine were long enough so I will be on the lookout for a pretty floral length of fabric to sew one up. 

I am really thankful for good thrift stores! 


16 comments:

  1. That was a great find! It fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This new table is just perfect for your space. I know you will find some great material to make a tablecloth. Be sure to show us! Did you already have the chairs? BTW, just read your Swagbucks post. Thanks for all the good info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you!! What a great price, I can just see it now with Easter dinner all layed out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a good thrift store find! Table looks perfect for your space; I hope you will post a pic when you sew a lovely tablecloth for it. I am a new follower, initially attracted, during a surfing session, to your blog title during a recent 'low' time when nothing much was getting done around here. I am now doing stuff again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! I think it's the perfect size for your space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great and I'm impressed with how many it seats! You'll definitely get your $70 out of it with all the use it'll get.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find! Am so glad I found this blog. I am really enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great table! And price. I so want your thrift stores here. We never have such great finds like yours. I am sure you will find the right material for a tablecloth.
    Thanks for the Swagbucks post. Haven't got to read it all it but will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love thrift stores, too! If one is patient, everything can be found that one needs! Beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great find! I feel sorry for folks who don't shop at thrift stores. The original reuse-repurpose-recycle stores!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great find. We made due with the table they left at the campground cabin kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so jealous! We have been looking for a new kitchen table and chairs for so long that my eyes are about ready to pop out. I have given up on something new due to the prices, who can afford over $2000 for a table with six chairs? I have been scouring thrift shops, consignment shops, garage sales, etc for a long time and my hubby says that I am too picky. I said that if I am going to pay our hard earned money for something that will be in our home for a long period of time, I want it to look good. The stuff I have found in our thrift shops don't compare to what you got. You got a great find there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐