If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday doings

No little grands here today so I am doing stuff that I can't really do when they are here.

In the crockpot, a big batch of pinto beans are cooking with jalapeños, cumin, chili powder and garlic. 
When they are cooked, I will make them smooth in the food processor for the most delicious Refried beans. We will have bean burritos and a big salad for supper, the rest of the beans will go in the freezer.
here is how I do them 
Yard work - first I mowed the back, then I planted the onion sets my brother brought. 
I put them in big pots, and enriched the soil with homemade compost.
While I was planting onions, I brought over the rest of the posts and planted them too. 
More tomatoes in 2, dill in 1 and flowers in the others.
For now, the pots with new seeds are under the pergola roof. They will still get quite a bit of sun but the roof should protect them from heavy rainfall we may get soon.
if you look close, you can see some of the cherry tomatoes I started from see are doing great and I put the support cages on them today. 
A close up of the katawpa tree- I think it is funny and looks like a drawing from a Dr Suess book.
in the yard, I found some eggs that the grands did not find Saturday - one egg was hanging from  our clothesline, I wonder which of my clever children or brothers hid it there? 

My list for the week is almost done!  :)
I am going to clean our bathroom, have some hot tea, and then I plan to sew all afternoon on 2 dresses and 2 tops for me. 

hope you are getting stuff done this week too!  

11 comments:

  1. My! You are industrious. When you are done with this week's list, and the week isn't over, do you start a new list at once, or give yourself a day or two off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually make a list at the beginning of the week. I may add to it as the week goes on. But for weekends, there is not usually a list unless something just has to done.

      Delete
  2. Things most certainly are getting done around there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit it - I got a little tired reading your list from today! Not from reading it- from thinking about how much you did today. I know you must feel great from getting so much accomplished. Thanks for the bean recipe. I am going to make a batch. My husband will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clever brother Robert and I :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the refried bean recipe. They sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just mowed the grass the other day and it will need done again soon. Not sure how it is there but the spring grass just grows like crazy here! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spell check - grrrr. Did you get your sewing finished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a stitch, at least not on my clothes in progress.

      Delete
  8. Love the veggies. I so need to work on my sewing. Lol, we found an Easter egg this morning the kids didn't find too. I'm sure there will be more.

    Have a great weekend,

    Hugs,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy
    www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐