If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thrift store and church rummage sale finds

April has already been a good month for thrift shopping.
I went to my favorite store yesterday, looking for warm weather clothing for the grands, 
I found lots for the youngest grandsons
4 shirts and 8 shorts $1 and 50 cents each
Cute rompers - the orange one was $2 and the gray one was 50 cents
Little big Jammies, a swimsuit for the oldest grandson and a swimsuit for the youngest grand daughter.  
I am a sucker for polka dots. 


Rummage sale finds
These toys were 25 cents each. Both grand daughters are fans of Mickie and Minnie.
When you push the button on the side of the truck, it makes a sound like a truck or animal- I think all the grandsons will like it. 

Free magazines- old Country Living, from 1984 and  2002
Tupperware
Books were 25 cents each,  The Fox is a song my grandmother sang to all her grandchildren.
Cross stitch booklet
I think these are potholders as they are double sided. They are crocheted of cotton yarn and very pretty, 25 cents each. 
A really BIG spoon rest. Maybe it is a ladle rest.
And a mystery box- it was not an old Santa........
But these treasures
Look at all these pins! And I need new pins. 
Old needles- I think they cost a lot more than 15 cents now
A bunch of gold and pearl beads, and silver chenille stems
So much glitter- I've never seen glitter in bags. 
Lots of good crafting supplies. 
And this pretty tatted piece. I think it was made to go around the neckline of a top or dress. I hope to do something with it for me. 

Spring thrifting is fun! 

10 comments:

  1. Wow..you brought home some great stuff! The kids clothing looks so nice...almost new! I had to laugh at the mystery box! It couldn't have been any more perfect for you! That tatted piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. When we were fostering I lived at the thrift store and church sales. Great treasures.

    Hugs,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy
    www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very well thrift and rummage shopping....treasures galore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Rhonda...you hit the big time! Great clothes for the kids and cute toys and books, too. I had to laugh at the Tupperware though...I just donated all mine. I'm switching over to mostly glass containers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie, that is funny. Too bad we are so many states apart, we could swap. I use a lot of glass for cooking and serving, in fact my Pyrex cabinet is so full. I saw a little Pyrex at that church rummage sale but did not buy it, I am thinking you would of liked it.

      Delete
  5. Some awesome finds! I need pins too; maybe I can find some at a yard sale!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mystery box is my favorite of all your finds, lol. I get excited over surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some great deals! I went to a rummage sale last week and found several garden flags for $2 each and a homeschool magazine that had some recipes and craft ideas in it. Love those bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some great finds there! I don't shop for anything at the thrift stores any more unless it's books that I will give away or return to the thrift right after reading. I'm still trying to declutter which is an never ending job around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used a piece of tatting similar to your last picture as a mat for a cross stitch picture..... It had been made by my grandmother and was used on the top of a camisole.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐