If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 15, 2021

BEDA #15 a couple of simple projects

Hello everyone 
I’m happy the tasks on my to do list are almost accomplished.  A few won’t get done because of our rain- planting seeds, washing my van, going to a coach-pitch ball game tonight where 2 of grandsons would be playing against each other.  They can all get done later or when they are rescheduled.  

My pots and pans cabinet was not working right.  
Turns out a pan that wasn’t supposed to be in there was just throwing everything off.  
Before .......
5 minutes later
 
And that pasta pot is back over the stove with the pitchers 

I don’t like my cabinets to be stuffed full.  


In yesterday’s mail was a bunch of catalogs and 1 magazine.  
I put them all in the recycle can after I flipped through the decorating magazine.  I don’t have any plans to do any decorating but I would like to paint the outside of our home in the distant future.  
These 2 painted doors are both pretty so I kept just those pages 
I have a small book where I keep home ideas



Some of the pages have handwritten lists 
Some of the pages have just pictures and some have what I liked about them.  
We’ve added the darker hardware to all our cabinets so countertops will be in the future,  maybe before we paint the outside.  But neither project will happen immediately.  
We just spent our home improvement savings to order a much needed white vinyl privacy fence that should be installed next month.  



There are clippings I saved today - glued into my book 

Terri- the Nashville hot chicken recipe is one I found on line.  When I cook it,  I’ll share it if it’s good.  

Hope you’re all fine. 
It’s wet and chilly in Oklahoma.  ☔️ 🌧 🥶 

❤️ Rhonda 

11 comments:

  1. I used to have a decorating notebook like this when I was a teenager. I had chosen my house, house plan, all the furniture, curtains, rugs, ect cut from catalogs & magazines; pasted into my notebook. I got rid of it as a young woman thinking I was too old for such things. I wish I had it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness your cabinets are neat. Sigh!!!
    I am thinking about a privacy fence as well - tat is one big expense. Glad you are getting that done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on getting the cupboards tidied up.

    I love your decorating/plans notebook. That is a great idea.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had too many magazines from too many years that all had something I liked. So, I did the same as you and just cut out what I liked, some recipes, some flower gardens, some home stuff. I suppose I got rid of 100 magazines in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cabinets look great!

    Was wondering what is plugged in on the top cabinet. I am thinking stove hood or microwave? My mother had a cabinet with a plug in it and she used a "brisker" in there...it was awesome...she kept crackers and other things opened and they stayed crisp and fresh. The brisker was a metal tray thing that generated some heat. Wish I had snagged it after we moved her out of her house.

    the "home" book is nice. I keep a list of projects in a small notebook and it is fun to look back to see what we did "when."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to tear things out of magazines and save them in a shoe box. I always meant to put them in a book. I find that my style hasn't changed much over the years. I still like most of the same colors, styles, etc. That's mainly because once you have furniture, you're kind of married to it for awhile color wise. Maybe someday I will learn to slip cover.

    Blessings!

    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    By the way, I really like the colors in your clippings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Years ago we put in a pull out two shelf Rev a Shelf for our pots and pans and I still love it because I can pull out the shelves and everything is accessible and visible. Then a few months later I asked to for another one for my birthday and put all the plastic containers and pitchers on that one. I still love them both and they work as well now as the day my husband installed them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to do a decorating book like that! It seems that I have the dining room decorated but the living room walls are empty. It's so hard to pick somethings I'll find something at a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of those paint colors ad I also love braided rugs. In fact I am saving wool to make a wool braided rug.....someday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both those door colors. It would be hard to choose between them! Thank you for letting me know that it's a new to you recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your decorating book, and I’m going to make an altered composition book to start putting my own ideas in. I had an old notebook years ago that I put stuff in now and again. When I was going through some things and found it, I looked through it and was like “what was I thinking?” LOL. Funny how our tastes change over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐