If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 1, 2021

April 1- Sheet pan supper and BEDA

Hello everyone 
It’s April 1st and my goal is to blog everyday in April- or BEDA
It may not happen but I’m going to try.  

I had some errands in the afternoon so I planned ahead for a supper that would be easy to complete.  
I decided to make a sheet pan meal like I see everywhere.  
I peeled and diced  the sweet potatoes and cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces.  
For seasoning, I mixed together 
 2 t paprika
 1 t onion powder
 1 t sugar
 a few shakes of red pepper and garlic powder
 Salt and pepper to taste 


When I got home, I preheated the oven to 425. 
Then I mixed the sweet potato cubes with a tablespoon of olive oil and a small amount of purple onion and put them on a baking sheet and sprinkled with part of the seasoning,  
The potatoes baked for almost 20 minutes. 
I tossed the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sliced a package of Turkey smoked sausage.  
I added them to the potatoes and more seasoning and baked for 20 more minutes.  


It turned out so good! 

Most sheet pan recipes say put all the ingredients on the pan and cook all ingredients for the same length of time.  But sweet potatoes take longer to cook than asparagus and turkey sausage.  
And for these ingredients, I think it was best.  

Melanie  we are having an Easter gathering of some of our family.  The adults all have had Covid vaccines and I’m hopeful we can do it outside.  This will be our first family gathering since the  party back in Feb. 2020 
Valentines Gingerbread House

❤️Rhonda 






6 comments:

  1. I agree about cooking some things longer. That meal looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good. I love one pan dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the looks of the sheet pan dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda, I love sheet pan meals. Way back when I worked our family just about survived off sheet pan and 9X13 pan sized all in one meals (sometimes casseroles but not always). I could prep foods the night before, assemble the pans in the morning, wrap with foil and then when I got home, I could put the whole thing in the oven and leave it to cook.
    I've noted a lot of these recipes these days for sheet pan meals don't always take into consideration that some items will need to be cut much smaller or cook much longer than other ingredients.

    I hope you and your family have a good Easter and that the weather is pleasant enough for the gathering day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this idea. I have all the ingredients. I'll just have to reduce it down for one as Dh doesn't care for sweet potatoes or asparagus. Or I'll make 2 smaller versions, customized for each of us. His will be carrots and I'll make FF in the air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoy sheet pan meals also. I found a sheet pan fajitas recipe that is our favorite now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐