If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

BEDA #21

Hello everyone 
The cold weather did no damage to our plants, as far as I can tell 

Lots of promising buds on the strawberry plants 
And on the blackberry bushes 
And on the peonies 

The worst part was folding up all the assorted sheets and dropcloths that we use to cover plants from cold weather 
 (because my husband seems to plant too early every year) 
No, we didn’t steal these milk crates.   Way back when I cooked at a fraternity house, the milk was delivered and left in these crates.  
The 100 or so frat boys went through a lot of milk and the milkman delivered the milk but he refused to pick up the empty crates.  
The milk crates stacked up so I eventually told the boys to take crates as they wanted and I brought some crates  home.  
Crazy I know but it’s a true story.  


I baked the cookie dough from yesterday and bagged them up for Physical Therapists.
  Because of Covid,  I bagged them all individually and then into another bag.  



With the rest of the dough,  I made cookie balls and froze them on a tray so they won’t stick together when I put them in a storage bag.
Now I can easily bake some cookies - my grandchildren love fresh cookies 🍪❤️



I’m reading a funny book - 
The Mystery Sisters Volume 1
It’s a cozy mystery about 4 senior citizen sisters.   It’s not deep or fine literature but it is entertaining.  


Good evening everyone 
❤️Rhonda 

3 comments:

  1. Years ago before Amie moved to North Dakota, the nursery school across the street got the same milk crates. I've no idea why the delivery services didn't pick them up each week. Amie used them to make bed bases for their family! She lay some so the bottom was up and then put some around the sides with the opening facing out so they had storage and they made quite sturdy beds that withstood children. I thought her very clever and the nursery school was more than happy to let her have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that with my cookie dough too! I have an air fryer oven so it is fast and easy to bake just a dozen when we get a craving.😀🍪🍪

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freeze cookie dough balls also. Especially in the summer when I don't want to heat up the house for a long time making a full batch. I'll make one pan in the morning and freeze the rest for another day. Besides if I make them all, we'll just eat them. And we really need to NOT do that as much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐