If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, April 6, 2020

Quarantine hello

Hello everyone
We are fine here in Oklahoma and probably doing just about the same things as most of you.  

Staying home,  using gloves and hand sanitizer on the rare trips we make out,  have distant  visit with our family (which is good but just makes me miss them even more) gardening some,  sewing some, cooking and eating and watching tv- and I confess to playing way too much Candy Crush Soda- 

I haven’t planned meals as much I should so this week, I made a 2 week plan and hopefully we will mostly stick to it.  
Today,  I just made a batch of cole slaw to have with supper tonight and probably lunch tomorrow.  My husband really likes coleslaw and will eat big helpings.  



I followed this recipe except I chopped everything by hand, used yellow mustard instead of lemon juice and increased the sugar.  

The recipe is from this book- an oldie but still very good - copies of it are hard to find though 




My 2 week meal plan - 
Breakfasts  will be frozen sausage and biscuits, oatmeal, cereal, eggs and toast or pop tarts 
Lunch will be sandwiches or leftovers
Suppers will be as listed 


I will add more vegetables or salads and desserts to each day as we want too - 


This week is grandson JJ’s birthday.  His other grandparents had bought him a very special gift, he was going to be a batboy when the university in our town opened their brand new mens baseball stadium.  But that’s all been postponed.  So,  my daughter asked all their friends and family to send him a short birthday video and she got 47 replies! One was even from JJ’s favorite team on the Lego battle tv show.  



If you can,  enlarge the photo  to see his birthday shirt.  It’s a 7 wearing a facemask 😷 

Stay as safe as you can ❤️ Rhonda 




9 comments:

  1. So thankful you are doing well. I am going to have to look up that book--sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture will not enlarge. Glad you said what was on the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to are hear you are doing well. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute birthday boy! Sounds like he has some sweet friends too. I've only ever seen Chicken Fried Steak in restaurants. Is it difficult to make at home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome yard card and a fun birthday shirt.
    You know what's going on here - so much change each week, there is no routine. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your menu sounds good and that book looks interesting.
    How neat on the birthday wishes. Great way to make it fun/
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love he got all those birthday wishes. What fun for him!
    That book sounds like a great read. I'll look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy he got so many replies for his birthday! I've been pulling out old recipes to use. Most are so frugal that it makes it suitable for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the book by Jo Ann York and found it very helpful. I wonder where she is today, and if she is still writing. It seems a shame her voice isn't being heard today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐