If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Quarantine update #2

Hello everyone 
I’ve been sewing masks today.  There are many free patterns online and I’m not sure which pattern is best.  
I’ve sewn about 20 masks in the past week and have given some to our children and my husband has been wearing one when he does errands.  


He likes the style with the elastic loops around the ears and that bottom orange mask is his favorite and it has been laundered.  I’m glad it washed so well as  the masks need to be laundered after every wearing.  
Our local hospital asked for home sewn masks about 2 weeks ago and today, our city manager asked for masks for essential employees.  So I cut out about 20 more masks and am in the middle of sewing them. 
They all have the chevron print flannel on the inside to be soft on the face and I tried to pick darker, not feminine prints as I know many of the essential city workers will not want floral prints.  

My husband worked in his garden and picked some spinach and one strawberry. 
The spinach will be for supper and I ate that lone strawberry, it was very good! 



Supper will be turkey lasagna, a half recipe of focaccia bread and spinach.  

I boiled eggs and they will be nice on top of salad and for egg sandwiches.  
I saved the water that the eggs boiled in.  When cool,  it is good water for plants.  Some of the calcium and minerals leach out of the shells and act food for the plants.  



After I took this photo,  I decided I should put away those paper napkins.  My husband and I use cloth napkins and we have paper napkins when visitors are here,  but nobody will be visiting for a good while.   

That’s the highlights of today - 
 
Hope you all are well and coping OK with this isolation. 
 ❤️ Rhonda 


7 comments:

  1. If I make masks, it will have to use a needle and thread! I would use the cloth napkins for guests. As a matter of fact, I use cloth for us. I have not bought paper napkins for 30 years when I made my first cloth napkins. You might need those napkins for tp if tp is ever scarce again...lol. Good job on the napkins. I know people will appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is Staff Sgt Army Reserves, they just told him to go to cloth mask... he has a few of other masks but they hurt his nose where he is just recovering from surgery ...
    Blessed be, stay safe and well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your update...like touching base with far away family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sewing masks today. Jess got a nice pile of fabric cut yesterday. I was helping, but had to leave to pick up Greg, which took HOURS. And since you mentioned napkins, I think since I have all of my fabric out, I'll sew up another stash. Awhile back I went through my pile and got rid of the old dingy ones, but we need more now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that you are able to make masks. Our neighbor just made a few for us, and we are grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have thought about making masks, I do have the materials, but then posts have come out that they don't work, and hospital will not use them but I guess people will so maybe I will make up a few!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your heart for making masks. It seems there is a shortage the world over.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐