If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Quarantine update #4 - malaise days

Hello everyone 
I didn’t accomplish much today.  I’ve had several days during this shelter in place where I just haven’t felt like doing a thing.  From what I’ve seen on social media,  it’s a very common feeling right now.  Are y’all going about as normal everyday  or are you having days like me sometimes? 

My husband worked in the yard a lot today. 
He also drove out to a plant sale at the small country school 2 of our grandchildren attend.  The school has an agriculture department and a greenhouse.  They grow and sell plants as a learning tool and as a fundraiser.  
We had to buy our plants sight unseen because of social distancing.  We filled out a form and texted it back to the school.  Then my husband drove to the school, texted them he was there and they put our plants in the back of his truck - very simple.  

Below are some of the plants I picked out
They are called Donkey Ear,  Mother of Million and Mother of Thousand.  I didn’t know what they were,  I ordered them because I liked their names. 


This photo does not do this hanging basket justice,  it is just beautiful and lush in real life.  


I sewed on masks today,  and just have these left from yesterday’s 20 to finish.  




For supper,  I made sirloin tips with mashed potatoes and green beans.  
My plate 


Husband’s plate - he worked much harder than I did today - and he likes black pepper more than I do too.  

Dessert was a lemon cake from a mix with homemade lemon glaze.  
The glaze is just 1 1/3 C sifted powdered sugar mixed with just enough lemon juice to make a spreadable glaze.  I used about 2 T juice.  
It makes a tart glaze on top of sweet cake and is just delicious 



And that’s about all that happened here today 

Hope you all are fine 
❤️Rhonda 






14 comments:

  1. I have a pound cake that really needs that glaze! no tomatoes in your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner looks wonderful. I had beef today too but since I only had a small amount I made beef stir fried with noodles and veggies.

    I have had several days of malaise. It seems to happen every year as I get older and I get a lingering cold for many months off and on. It's very inconvenient but I have to go with the flow. I'm happy to report I am making some progress now that weather is slowly warming.

    A blessed Easter to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that way also. I am spring cleaning and moving slowly. Just seems to be the same each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is neat on the plant sale. The masks sure are pretty and bright.
    I am in the mood for mashed potatoes and gravy!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also got plants from a school sale. I got tomatoes, peppers, and million bells. My cousin is a teacher and was working the sale. I called him with my order, and he dropped everything off on my porch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds to me like you did a lot! I have to get in touch with the 'plant man' myself. He usually sets up at the local Trade Days, but since it's shut down during the current unpleasantness, he has set up out on the highway. I need some plants for my garden. Looks like your hubby likes a little food with his pepper. lol, I am the same way, especially course ground. I love the stuff. We're pretty much keeping to our regular routine, but without my going anywhere, I am getting a lot of projects caught up. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinners look delicious and I'm jealous of your ability to buy plants.
    We did order 2 apple trees that I will get the end of April. Not sure about anything else, like garden plants and stuff.

    Be safe and well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you post your sirloin tip recipe? We are all feeling a little lost right now and that is okay. I have finally come to the conclusion it is okay if I don't get anything done. I don't want to stay like this forever, but it is kind of nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was actually sort of enjoying staying in, until about a week ago. It's just getting old. It was a long winter and we hadn't gone out much since last November, so we are used to staying in, but as I said it is just getting a tad bit boring. There's only so much knitting and sewing a person can do. Ha! That sirloin tip looks wonderful. Hope your plants grow well for you!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lemon cakes. John doesn't dislike much but he doesn't like anything tart lemon except lemon meringue pie. Give yourself Grace just now. You had a pretty long and wearing winter anyway and this on top of it might be just a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Lemon Cake sure looks gooooood. Something about lemon this time of year is delicious. Yes, I can identify with not wanting to do much. I'm praying, Lord please get me out of this chair. I have been exercising as I sit. God bless, d

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cake looks so good, the names of the plant are very interesting. I have days like that too, I feel lost and wonder from room to room, and have many things to do yet I can't get myself to do it. Wishing you a Happy and healthy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your supper and dessert looks delicious.
    Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Donkey Ear plant produces lots of little babies on its leaves, then they drop off and grow, so be prepared for lots of plants. My mom called it the pregnant plant LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐