If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, April 17, 2020

Quarantine Update #10 - a paint along class

Have y’all heard of the painting classes people used to do when we could gather in groups?  I think the ones in our area are called Wine and Pallet.  Anyway,  I’ve never done one of the actual classes.  A person I really know is hosting free paint along classes on Facebook while we’re all at home.  So this was a good opportunity to try a class and do something different.  
I’ve done almost nothing today so when 7 p.m, rolled around,  I found some paints and joined in.  
If you want to do one,  you can watch live on Fridays or the past classes are on demand on Facebook under "Creative Disasters for Beautiful Minds” 


Above is the painting done by the original artist 


Above is where I set up to start- and all those groceries and kitchen things that were on this table in my last post have been put away 😀




My finished painting 
It was fun to do and my assortment of old craft paints worked fine but I want to get a small fine brush if I do another one.   Toni is the teacher and she explained mixing colors and the techniques in a clear, fun way.  

❤️Rhonda 

10 comments:

  1. I just saw this post this a.m.. That does look fun and your painting turned out great! WTG! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job!

    I noticed your USMC sword display and the shadowbox as well. My husband was a Captain in the USMC during the VietNam war. Nice display you have! Semper Fi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? My husband was at MCRD when that war ended.
      He was in the reserves and then active duty, he was medically discharged during the first Gulf War as a CW2. He’s rather proud of thar sword and I think it’s perfect in the dining room.
      Of course our grandchildren imagine that Grandpa fought bad guys with that sword :)
      Semper Fi to you

      Delete
  3. How fun! I'll have to check the Facebook page out.

    We have a paint place here, I think I'll suggest this. It would a neat thing for locals to all gather via Facebook to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you and what a great gift to learn from someone on line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look fun...and reminds me that John has mentioned more than once his desire to 'try' painting...Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job! I'm going to try it! thanks for telling us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your painting looks great! I love mason jars and flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing, you have a talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐