If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Quarantine update #6

Hello everyone 

I baked some cookies from a recipe from Anna at 
Cookie Madness Doubletree Cookies recipe
They turned out really good - so good that after we ate a few, we put the rest in the freezer so we didn’t keep eating them.  

Late in the afternoon,  I picked up a Walmart grocery order.  I’m a huge fan of Walmart pickup.  
Just place your order and wait for the time slot you choose. 
Then drive to the store 


Walmart workers bring out your order and load it in your vehicle.  








Then go home and put your groceries away. 


You can order non grocery things too- I got paper clips, sewing scissors and deodorant today.
And yes, I do like to buy things in pairs or multiples 😀

Pickup is so nice during this quarantine and I really was thankful for it too when my hamstring was torn.  



My parents have been secured in their retirement home for quite awhile, no visitors allowed.  
When they need things,  we sometimes send up small loads in a bucket that my Dad pulls up to their balcony.




There is a nice stretch of lawn there and sometimes their great grands visit and do all kinds of kid tricks in the grass.  



We’re expecting 3 days of cold weather and we already have tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and potatoes in the garden.  
We covered up the tomatoes and peppers and are hoping they are protected enough.  
We think the other crops will be ok.  
Guess we shouldn’t of jumped the gun on gardening - we will see! 

Hope you all have had a special Easter. 
❤️Rhonda 



10 comments:

  1. I have my first ever grocery pick up order for a walmart in a town about 40 miles away. We were supposed to pick up today, but the weather was freezing rain/snow and high winds, so I switched it to Tuesday. Our local store will start this service on Friday. I expect it will be difficult to get a time for the first few weeks, but I'm glad we're finally getting the opportunity for this service.
    I just found some puff pastry in the freezer today and wondered what I should do with it. Your turnovers look good - we might have to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good your parents can have service like that. I know you wipe everything down, even the bucket, before sending it up to them. I thought a storm would blow away my garden today, but it stood up to the high winds we experienced her in AL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of your dad and the bucket and also the kids playing on the grass. Even distant visiting is so much better than total isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative way to get things to your parents and to see the grands!
    way too early here to put in garden yet - still will have freezing temps off and on for a while. Good rule in our area - never before Mother's Day.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the ingenuity of using the bucket and rope--made me think of tree houses as a kid. I'm glad that I have been so busy that I haven't been able to plant anything yet--I would have been caught off guard with that little north wind that came screeching across the property yesterday! Stay safe, and maybe, just maybe, once all the crazy calms down, you and I can meet halfway for lunch some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever way to get the things to your parents, Rhonda. It's nice that the grandkids could entertain them. Bet they loved that. Praying that this will soon pass and we'll all be able to give those we love a real hug.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your posts...I don't even pick up groceries...have been doing Instacart deliveries to the front porch.

    Had a nice Easter and watched service on computer. Also did a Zoom with all the family and grands.

    Love the set-up for your parents! Good ideas!

    Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love your bucket solution and the grandkids showing off! So adorable they are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bucket brigade and the show on the dance floor, how nice for your folks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you found with Wm pickup, that you cannot get everything on your list? So far (writing this on 4.19) we still cannot get flour or much pasta, or eggs. Frozen potatoes are hard to get as well as canned soup.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐