If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Quarantine Update #5 - getting ready for Easter

Hello everyone 
Not much news here except a few food happenings 
I followed these instructions and made 
Fruit Turnovers. No glaze on ours though,  I don’t think it’s needed 



Since it will just be 2 of us for Easter lunch,  I made a tiny batch of “double eggs”. I usually make 2 dozen eggs for family gatherings 
The plain eggs will be for lunches next week 


Friday night we had homemade pizza.  I baked it on a pan I got from Amazon awhile back and it was really crispy.  
And the bottom crust baked in a polka dot pattern 😀

     

I finished more masks 😷. And cut out 10 more.  When I finish them,  I plan to sew something different than masks though.  

And took my parents, who are safe and secure in their retirement home, a small care package- leftovers, newspapers, masks, and trash bags that are not available right now on our Walmart grocery pickup.  



Kim at Out My Window  asked for the recipe for the sirloin tips I cooked this week.  Sorry Kim, it’s not an actual recipe,  I just winged it but they were very good. 
I browned some sliced mushrooms from the freezer and some diced onions, then removed them from the pan.
In that same pan,  I browned the sirloin cubes just until done in 2 batches, and removed them from the pan. 
Again in that same pan, I made a packet of brown gravy mix (2 cups worth) 
When the gravy was bubbly,  I added back the meat, onions and mushrooms and simmered it  a bit.  
We ate it on top of mashed potatoes and it would be good with rice or egg noodles too.  



What are you all thinking about this quarantine-shelter at home situation?  
When do y’all think it will be over? 











10 comments:

  1. The shelter in place will end too soon and the numbers will rise again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for the shelter in place to be over now but it's been extended till May 1 and probably will be later. You know though its keep at it till the danger has passed.
    My husband loves the puff pastry apple pie things too. They are so good.
    Have a wonderful Easter Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it. Don't think I'll run out as soon as they say it is safe because I don't believe we know enough about this virus. I miss my kids and grandchildren. I read grandchildren will need to wait one year before seeing older relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo ready for the stay at home order to be lifted. I love home, but I miss being able to see my extended family! I do hope that things aren't rushed so we don't end up with a bigger mess.

    I am also very worried about my niece and her husband. She is an RN and her husband is a CT Tech. He mainly does scans for those that visit the ER. He said he can tell a COVID patient by the look of their lungs. The departmet my niece works in is closed as it's a speciality clinic. She is now floating. She worked on the COVID unit last night. That concerns me!

    I need to try the puff pastry turn overs. I know my family would love them!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, Happy Easter to Jeff and you! Cherry pie things look good. Cherry is my favorite. Glad to hear your parents are doing good. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those turnovers look wonderful. In Michigan, the governor has issued new shelter in place guidelines. Now we are not even supposed to talk with our neighbors at a safe distance and they are roping off the stores so you cannot buy things that she considers "non-essential" like garden seeds and office supplies. It is getting ridiculous. There's a petition being circulated to recall her. Glad to see people are finally getting fed up with it all and practicing some civil disobedience in these parts. Here's to a joyful and hopeful Easter!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best thing about all the procrastination I have been guilty of for several years? I now have PLENTY to keep us occupied during the current unpleasantness! I agree with Practical Parsimony--if they lift the quarantine too soon, we will be right back in the same mess. I feel bad for folks who are stuck in apartments or homes with small yards. Jane--I can't believe your governor is that dumb. If I could, I would sign the petition too!

    I hope you are all staying safe, and I hope you all have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your turnovers look delicious. Like you we are planning a two person Easter celebration.
    No clue when this shelter in place order will be lifted, but I see our rights slowly being taken away from us. I have been doing a lot of research in herd immunity vs. shelter in place and have no idea which is the better route, but from what I read, either way, after a brief period of rapid decline this could rear its ugly head again in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Rhonda, it just looked so good and now I find it is so easy. Love those kind of meals. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading this a week later on the 19th. Since dh & I are in "essential" industries, our life goes on pretty much as usual. However, we are not going into any stores unless absolutely necessary. He went in to Wm to get his Rx. I waited outside for our grocery pickup. This weekend we had to get farm chemicals at that dealership. We then went to TSC for catfood and garden stuff. Everyone kept their social distance. We have done a few drive-throughs for meals but mostly eat at home. I'm very thankful for our deep pantry and freezers.
    Thank you for the turnover link. We like those and buy them occasionally from the bakery. This will be cheaper.
    I have been making stuffed eggs also. This evening, in fact. I've been making my own mayo as we don't use it much except for these and macaroni salad once in a while. I apparently over-salted the mayo as the eggs were salty. They'll get eaten but that will teach me to taste as I go on the filling next time.
    I made an angel food cake to serve with strawberries and cool whip yesterday. I've made fruit salad and macaroni salad also. I'm trying to vary our menu since we live really too far in the country to do a nice restaurant pickup order. It's been fast food so far.
    I'm glad you are back to blogging. I always enjoy reading what's going on in your home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐