If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, April 20, 2020

Quarantine update #11 - a few replies

Good afternoon everyone
Last week was an usually cold week for Oklahoma but the weather forecast for this week is much warmer and drier.  My husband has been getting garden work done and I plan to as well. 
I had a Walmart grocery pickup this morning,  it was a big order and everything was in stock.  I did laugh when I saw my substitutions.   I ordered 8 of the little 2 ounce craft paint bottles at .50 each.  I got 3 of the small bottles but they substituted much bigger size bottles for the other 5 colors.  


I’ll have plenty of paint for the future Friday night paint along classes.  
About the classes,  I have no past painting experience except for water coloring with my grandchildren.  The class really is a follow along process.  If you do what the instructor, Toni, says do,  anyone can have a pretty painting afterward.  

I keep seeing more requests for homesewn masks.  Today, our town’s police department requested masks so they could give them to citizens in need.  
I’ve ordered more elastic and it’s coming this week.   So I need to start cutting out and sewing more masks,  
Never did I think home seamstresses would be called upon to sew face masks.  
This shelter at home/quarantine/pandemic just seems like a bad dream that won’t end.  

About Walmart grocery pick up,  Walmart seems to have some of the hard to find items in stock in the stores but they are not always listed on the shopping app.  It does seem to be getting better.  
If I needed a hard to find item,  I would go to Walmart very close to their opening time in the morning.  The stores in our area are stocking at night.  So it seems first thing in the morning  would be the best time to see the shelves well stocked.  

Also about Walmart,  I know lots of people think Walmart is the worst store ever.  I’m not wanting to debate it.   I like Walmart though and I think it a geographic thing.  Walmarts began in Arkansas, less than 2 hours away from our town .  Their big headquarters is still there.  
It seems from my blog reading,  that the closer you live to Arkansas,  the better you think of Walmart.  And people that live many states away from Walmart, don’t like them one bit. 

About Jane and her closing her Hope and Thrift blog,  I’m sorry she did but I’m guessing she just got too many negative comments.  When you go to her blog’s address,  it says the blog is only open to invited guests.  That seems to the standard blogspot message when someone makes their blog private only to the author but doesn’t delete their blog.   Since her blog is not deleted,  she may change her mind and open it back up in the future but that is Jane’s choice.  She needs to do what works for her.  
I’m hoping she will change her mind.  She has lots of valuable information about living in difficult circumstances and making the most of what you have.  
I don’t have access to her blog.  


This above meme is not for the majority of my readers but for the commenters who contributed to Jane’s decision to close her blog.   
Why people think it is good to leave mean and unhelpful comments, I just don’t know.  I personally don’t have time to go around leaving insults and "advice" on social media like so many trolls seem to.  

I like to blog just to cyber visit with you all, especially homemakers and to learn or be inspired by what you all are doing.  


🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡❤️🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡🏡

That’s all the negative talk from me,  I’ll be back with just homemaking talk tomorrow 

Hope you are well
❤️ Rhonda 

 



11 comments:

  1. This has been going on a few different blogs I read for weeks. Are these people bored or even one person, I don't know. Guess you need a thick skin to write and I can't image being rude to someone I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sad that I didn't have all the supplies to paint and here you ordered yours. I'm going to do that ...it's good to have a fun outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are painting. That sounds like a fun idea. I have noticed so many home - sewers making masks. I have enjoyed seeing all the different fabric choices. Some are extra lovely with delicate floral prints.

    I was also very sad to see Jane's blog closed. She had an incredible archive of helpful and encouraging posts. I will greatly miss her writings.

    I always enjoy visiting here and seeing what you are up to. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if Jane is still reading this blog, I want her to know that I enjoyed it very much, and I hope that after she gets a little space between her and the twerps who were rude, that she will come back. I love that people are making masks, it reminds me of stories from other wars in history (and let's face it--we are at war with this virus), when women rolled bandages, or knitted socks and scarves to send to the soldiers on the frontlines. Masks are the modern day equivalent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile at your large bottles of paint. That was a lovely substitution.
    I've made masks for my immediate family - three for Nick, a couple for Greg, and one for each of the rest of us. Jess cut out several more, we just need some sewing time... I don't mind it too much, but haven't worn it much, just for grocery pickup and picking up the kids' school lunches. I feel better that everyone has one, and especially knowing Nick is wearing his all day at work. How much our lives all changed a month ago, huh? I don't have the panicky anxiety anymore, but am diligent about staying away from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Dan Crenshaw's, Texas U.S. House of Representatives, reply after being the butt of a joke on SNL. Don't be offensive and Don't take offense. Words to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about Jane's blog becoming private. I just don't understand the mean behavior of some people. This has happened to other bloggers as well...

    I had to chuckle at the photo of the paint bottles---I got a grocery order from Publix yesterday. I had asked for a large pack of paper towels...like 6 rolls or something. Shopper asked if I would like a substitution. I said yes...I got a single roll (wrapped) of paper towel. I had to chuckle!!! hahaha Don't know why it tickled my funny bone---maybe because I have never bought just one roll at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Rhonda, for the kind thoughts. I haven't offer to open my blog to anyone at this point, because at the present, I'm just over the whole thing. So I want everyone to know that they are not being excluded. If I ever decide to open it up to anyone, you'll be among the first to know.

    Now, when they substitute those bottles of paints for the larger ones, do they still charge you 50 cents? We have some local stores doing pick-ups, but our WalMart has stopped because they became overwhelmed. I have a sort of love/hate relationship with WalMart. Don't like that they sell so much made-in-China merchandise, but I realize they employ a lot of people in the area. Hope the sun is shining in Arkansas!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, I know my blog readers will be happy to see a comment from you.

      I’m not crazy about all the China made stuff in Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree- I’m hoping the US is learning a lesson about being so dependent on other countries for things especially like drugs, medical protective gear, Etc.

      About Walmart pickup substitutes, you are charged for the original item even if the substitute costs much more. So yes, those big bottles of paint cost me the same as the tiny bottles. And that biggest yellow paint is the same size of a regular jar of peanut butter.

      Delete
  10. Boy I so agree. Sometimes I get (constructive criticism on my blog) snort. But to just be cruel shows more about the person than the blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐