If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Quarantine update #12 Sink or Swim


check the comments of yesterday's post to see something from Jane of Thrift&Hope



When this quarantine started,  I thought people are either going to thrive or do terrible.  I’m happy that all my children and grandchildren seem to be thriving during their staying at home.  Before the quarantine,  they all had very busy lives with all the adults working, all the children in school all day, after school activities for all the children,  extra things for the adults like church activities, gym time, social events, etc.

Some of them are having major financial changes from being off work, but other than that,  life seems to be very good.  

The farm grandchildren have been fishing, taking care of animals and the oldest learned to backup and park the hay trailer.  







The big city grandchildren have done lots of crafts and lots of cooking 









Both their parents have done lots of cooking.  Their daddy does everything big,  look at that crazy amount of cinnamon rolls! 
When they were cooked,  they dropped off a lot of them on their friend’s porches.  



The in our town grandchildren have been busy with school work, gardening and crafts too.  












All the kids have helped with cooking and the parents have cooked some very nice meals.  

Some of the parents are completely off work.  Some are working at home.  
All seem to be doing more thrifty things than before.  

One showed me picture, instead of paying a very high price for a travel bottle of sanitizer,  they washed out a hotel sample bottle and filled it with sanitizer from a big bottle.  



Andie is 7 and this is what she just told her Mom


I think Andie is very wise.  

Ok, that’s all my bragging for now.  

❤️Rhonda 


14 comments:

  1. Wow! They have all done really well and each in their own way. Those cinnamon buns are seriously impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! Thanks for sharing. I needed to see smiling happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. These kids are learning so much!!! Things that will make them better human beings and good adults. They look so happy and joyful. What a smart little girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it all sounds like fun...I want some of those cinnamon rolls they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to read that your family is thriving, Rhonda. Keep thinking how scary this must be to the little ones. How do parents explain what's going on? How stressed out the parents must be. Praying that all of this will be just a blip on the radar in a few months down the road. Your grands are learning some valuable life skills! Maybe I should be using this time to learn to back up a trailer ( or just back up) too. :) Bet those neighbors were thrilled with the cinnamon rolls. What a nice thing to do! Thank you for being just a supportive blogging friend. Cannot even tell you how much it means to me!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see you're all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Rhonda! I just wanted to let you know that I opened my blog back up to being public. I'm so embarrassed by the whole thing. Hate being so wishy washy. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! Brag all you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is dead on that girl. You have the cutest grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post! I love that Andie's thinking. She'll be the one who can foresee problems and will work to prevent them. It's a true gift! That cinnamon roll, though, lol...Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda,
    What a nice happy look at your family's day-to-day life.

    I cannot get over those cinnamon rolls!
    Love Andie's message :)

    Take care
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures of all the grands! Our state opened up a lot of retail stores yesterday and today while we were out grocery shopping after 19 days on the last trip, we noticed that people were calmer and less pushy in the stores. No one reached across us to grab anything and we were not crowded by someone trying to get in front of us to get to the display first. It was a refreshing change and we feel it too. In fact I think there were less people out in general now that we know we can we don't feel a need to get out. Now I just need my hairdresser back in business!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited to finally be able to comment! I think the problem on my computer has finally been resolved. Let's hope it stays that way!

    I love the cinnamon rolls. That's the way my husband would make them. Everything big, and lots of it, and then, yes, dropped on doorsteps because how could we ever it it all?

    All those Perler bead creations made me smile. That's one thing we've been doing as well, with my nephew, who we still help care for. He loves those things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐