If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, April 14, 2022

BEDA #14 gardening, supper in shifts and paid to test toilet paper

 We’re eating supper in shifts tonight. 
My husband and I prefer early suppers.  The youngest grand was here till 6 when his other grandmother picked him up for a baseball game. 
The middle grand and his dad are at another baseball event and oldest grand and her mother are at a dance event.  
So this is my solution tonight
I pulled out the 13X9 crockpot that rarely gets used. 
On one end is a pound of taco meat. In the back is some lentil taco from the freezer. And in the front is the rice left over from the other night when we had red beans and rice, I seasoned up to be sort of Mexican flavor, with a can of Rotel tomato’s, a little butter, a little chicken bouillon dissolved in water  and some Goya seasoning.  
Then I put everything in the crockpot and it’s sitting there on warm for people to eat as they need to. In the fridge are traditional toppings like shredded lettuce, diced up tomatoes,  onions, salsa, sour cream, cheese. And on the counter are some bags with a few tortillas and some crunched up tortilla chips, things that have been hanging out in the pantry and need to be used.

My husband and I had bowls. And Jackson had a taco with two helpings of rice. He is a big fan of rice.

His fingernails are dirty because he helped me do some gardening. We planted some zinnia and petunia seeds that we started in the house. We put them in bigger planters outside.




There is a lot of weeding to do in different parts of our yard and garden. But I was happy I spotted this weed while it was still little. I believe it is an elm. But whatever it is, when it gets much bigger than this one, it is almost impossible to kill or get out of the ground. This one was small enough that I was able to just pull it out. But a few others that we have not caught have had to be dug up with a lot of effort to get the whole root and plant out.



I’ve posted about Esearch before 


They are a company that does product testing.  
I’ve done a few laundry tests for them and just got paid for a 10 day toilet tissue test.  
They ask you questions before they start and pick who they’re going to select for the testing. Then they ship you the product to test and give you exact days to use it. There are also several email surveys but they are straightforward and not difficult to do. They pay well! I always answer whenever I get an email from them about a possible product testing. I don’t get very many of them and I probably get selected for less than half of the ones that I apply for, but it’s very worth my time when I do get in on one. 


So if you haven’t signed up with them, go to the Link.  You might fit the demographics they want and you might get picked for some nicely paid surveys, who knows? 



❤️ Rhonda 

7 comments:

  1. I have a 9x13 crockpot, too, and also don't use it often. I love it when I do use it, though.

    No gardening for us, yet. Maybe next week? I can't even get the beds ready with the winds we're having. The farmers are disking in the fields and the air is just full of dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often wondered how and why I would use a crockpot like that one. You used it well to save a dozen dishes to wash and microwave for a stretched out meal. It certainly will make everything easier as people come in.

    There was a cute little oak tree growing in my yard, so I petted it along and made sure no one hurt it. Now, it will take a woodcutting crew to get rid of it. It is in an awful spot.

    That was a good payout for getting free toilet paper and responding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are far ahead of me in gardening and I love your helper. You just can't beat a good helper!
    Thankyou for the link -I signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little tree start had a very long root! glad you pulled it in time!

    Good idea to keep food warm in the crockpot---I never think of that. Will now, though!

    I plan to check out that esearch website. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband did that TP test and just got paid today. I never buy Charmin because it close gs our toilets so I was glad when that was over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for the use of your large Crockpot and to feed everyone in shifts!

    I can't wait until I can garden here. Still too cold.

    I signed up with esearch last year and gave it a go for almost a year. I answered every single email/survey and they NEVER picked me for anything! Sometimes the surveys would take a long time, too. So I finally gave up.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spend lots of time pulling maple seedlings out of our gardens....One got away from me and now I need to cut it down with a saw. I would try and poison it but I am afraid it would kill the perennials as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐