If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

BEDA #19 & 20 a Remarkable, a tasty sauce and I was just tired

Hello 
Sorry about missing BEDA yesterday.  
After a very fun family Easter,  I could really relate to the post by Kim 
Some days I do go back to bed or just sit.  
Even though I wanted to on Monday and Tuesday, didn’t go back to bed and I did push through getting our home cleaned back up.  Because it was a mess! 
 I’m glad I did but I didn’t really feel like it.  
I’m sure most all my readers can relate, right?  

My son in law came home with a new device yesterday, a Remarkable.  
It looks like a very thin iPad.  It does use the internet but it’s doesn’t go to websites or play games.
It’s for taking notes as you can write on it like you do on paper. Then if you want,  it can convert your handwriting into text.
 It is also a way to keep copies of documents. And it probably does other stuff but that’s just what I learned yesterday.
John is employed by our university and does lots of paper stuff so I’m sure he will use this device a lot. I’m guessing it could be very useful for anyone that writes a lot. I looked them up on Amazon and they are very expensive but he says he got his with some sort of a benefit thing at work or something like that, I didn’t really pay attention much.  In fact he was shocked when I showed him how much they cost on Amazon. They cost as much as an iPad. I certainly don’t need one but I can see where they could be very beneficial for some people, you could keep many things on a Remarkable without having stacks and stacks of papers and notebooks.


For Easter we had a ham. I made a simple dipping sauce out of a half a cup of honey, a quarter cup balsamic vinegar and a quarter cup Dijon mustard, and a few red pepper flakes.  The recipe also called for whole-grain mustard but we didn’t have any.

The sauce was really good!
We did not have mountains of leftover ham like  
Jane at Hope and Thrift

So when my husband grilled chicken this week, He used the last of the dipping sauce to glaze the chicken at the end of cooking. That sauce was really good on chicken just like it was on ham. 


 Today has been an easy day. 
Husband and I will just have leftovers for supper and daughter’s family is eating at church.  

❤️ Rhonda 

6 comments:

  1. That sauce sounds so good, Rhonda! I'd rather have had piles of family than piles of ham. Ha! So happy for you that you had such a fun Easter!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully understand the need to get the house cleaned and then to just feel done in, lol.
    Does the glaze used for the ham call for both Dijon and whole grain mustard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sauce sounds excellent. I am glad it was just as good on the chicken as the ham.

    What an interesting gadget. It truly would be a wonderful thing for note taking.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐