If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, April 16, 2022

BEDA #16 getting ready for a big meal Sunday and new eyeglasses


Hello everyone 
We’re hosting Easter lunch and I think there will be 16 of us.  
So today,  I did some cooking and prepping ahead 
A grandson nicknamed these double eggs and I prefer that name 
No picture but I baked this and will serve with sliced peaches put in the freezer last summer and whipped cream. 
Potatoes ready to make scalloped potatoes and carrots ready to bake 
   
Granddaughter Elizabeth thought it was hilarious I was making a crust for this “salad”
Yes, we know it’s not really a salad but southerners call dishes like this salad and it’s ok 
It’s really delicious but I did make 1/2 a recipe as the whole recipe makes a lot! 
Homemade buttercream eggs from a sweet friend 
We’re also having smoked ham, green beans, rolls and a ham sauce.  

Tonight, my daughter is making a big pot of chili.
We’ll freeze the extra for future meals. 
And yes, it has beans in it.  


Our Zenni glasses arrived.  2 pair are mine, one pair is my daughter’s and the pair out of a case is my almost 5 year old pair of Zenni glasses that are still in great condition but my prescription has changed a bit. 

I know there are pros and cons ordering glasses.  
It works for us though 
These 3 pair with express shipping and upgraded lenses was about $210 total.  
They took almost 2 weeks arrive.  

❤️ Rhonda 
















9 comments:

  1. I love that--double eggs. It has a ring to it. I am taking one boiled egg and making it up as two deviled eggs for me. Tommy hates eggs.

    That is a feast, but you have lots of people there. I am not making much for us.

    I would buy Zenni, but I don't imagine the line for the progressives on a new type frame would ever be correct. Do you use progressive lens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful! I know it will be a great meal. My husband loves "double eggs". I've never attempted to make them, but I just might give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie has convinced me to try Zenni for my next pair of glasses. I'm getting an eye exam next week. And while we're having deviled eggs, I'll be serving roasted chicken with it. Katie invited herself and Caleb out for lunch. I hadn't planned a family to do but it will be nice to see Caleb. Hope your family has a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter!

    Love your choice of frames...how do you know if they will be comfortable when you order on-line? I would like to try that. Have heard good things from others too.

    Your prepped food always looks so good...my items don't look that inviting! You have perfected the art of display :) I want you to come and cook for me!!

    Enjoy your day---Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter to you and your family! Thanks for posting the pretzel "salad";) i made often years ago and had lost the recipe.xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually make butter crème eggs here, but when the sons were unable to make it decided to not do them this year. Now I miss them.

    I hope you had a wonderful get together and a Joyous Easter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a recipe for buttercream eggs? Thanks

      Delete
    2. Do you have a recipe for buttercream eggs? Thanks

      Delete
  7. Layla got glasses at the beginning of the school year. Of course, she has lost them. The first time the gym teacher found them in the bleachers after about a week. The second time, they're still lost. Jess got both Layla and Silas extra pairs of their glasses from Zenni and they've been very handy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐