If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

BEDA #5 Dollar Tree is now $1.25 Tree but it’s still good

Hello everyone
I went to Dollar Tree today for the first time in months,  maybe since before Christmas. 
I’d heard they were increasing their prices and I don’t see how they could prevent it.  
So now, instead of most everything being $1, things are $1.25 

I just wish at the grocery store that every price increase was only a quarter.  

Here’s what I bought 

6 shelf stable quarts of  milk 
Mini Oreos for a birthday ice cream cake 
4 packs of disposable plates
Furniture polish 
Some turtles to wear inside face masks- I still wear a mask sometimes, like at my parents retirement home and yesterday when I went to the dentist and eye dr.  Masks are required at all those places.  And who can predict The future and who knows if masks will ever be a common thing again? Hopefully not but for $1.25 I thought a package of six turtles was a good deal.
2 9 x 13 food containers - I bought these before and they hold up very well. I know one of ours got switched over to hold perlor  beads. 
6 Packages of lip balm 


About the furniture polish,  I cleaned our dining table with it and it seemed to do as good a job as Pledge and Endust. It is made in the USA. The brand is Chase. It has a mild orange scent.


A few replies
Tammy I’ve never frozen pizza dough with any success but I know Dawn makes and freezes ready to bake pizza and I think Terri freezes pizza dough.  

For. https://moreparsimony.blogspot.com/      BEDA Stands for blog every day in April 

Until tomorrow, 
❤️ Rhonda 







4 comments:

  1. Thanks. I just could not figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know they had those small bags of cookies. I do an ice cream cake where I use oreo for the crust. This will save me buying the larger package and then of course eating them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dollar Tree nearest me does not carry the shelf stable book. But then I've shared before it's a poor example overall. I've been in three or four other stores at different times and the one in Perry is the largest and cleanest and nicest. I wonder if they have it there. I am paying about $2.60 a carton (last time I purchased, now who knows?) for both lactose and regular shelf stable milk cartons. $1.25 is a huge savings.

    Yes, I freeze pizza dough. I spray the inside of a plastic bag and then dump the dough in and freeze it. I take it out 24 hours before I want to use it and put in the fridge. It doesn't rise quite as full as the first rise but it does pretty well. It's not super flat by any means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Terri, I spray the bag before freezing the pizza dough, and freeze it just after mixing. I thaw in the frig, but do let it sit on the counter to warm and rise before shaping it. Admittedly, Greg doesn't care for the dough after I freeze it, but I feel like if he didn't know it had been frozen, he wouldn't know a difference...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐