If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, April 9, 2022

BEDA #9 pasta night and more little tweaks as we make this home work for 7

Hello everyone 

This was outside the bathroom that the only sick child was using.
My daughter  kept the bathroom all clean and disinfected and wore gloves to protect herself. 
 So far, only 1 of us was sick and is better now we think. 

Some other changes are 
The banana keeper box is staying on the kitchen counter again.  
7 people eat lots of bananas and we have to keep them in something
I think it helps a tiny bit to slow the ripening but I would not re-buy it. 

Our trash is picked up by our city as part of our utility services.  We have a big rolling can for recycling and it is free.  
I think we pay about $20 a month for the same size rolling can for trash.  
I’d rather not have a third giant trash can so we are trying to be diligent putting all recycle stuff in the recycle bin.
Our city accepts metal cans, paper and cardboard, and plastic that are class 2, 3 and 5.  
The very first week our daughters family moved in, my son took 1 sack of our trash to put in his rolling can.
 But all the other weeks we have filled both trash cans but not needed to figure out any other disposal methods. 

We already had this double trash can in the kitchen- the big side is trash and the smaller side is recycles. 

Supper tonight for 4 of us was what we call spaghetti but is actually a homemade red sauce on pasta and topped with cheese- no meat. 
I blogged how I make this on my first blog- if you want to know how


  

I made a big enough batch to put some in the freezer and left handed 1st grade grandson helped label them.  

   

Above is just cooked pasta and the sides were a leftover baked sweet potato, leftover green beans and fresh fruit.  
I’m guessing many people who previously didn’t eat leftovers are eating them now as grocery prices soar and many things are hard to find.  
Our supper was delicious- both the fresh cooked part and the reheated leftover parts.  

Hope you are all having a good weekend 

❤️ Rhonda 


















5 comments:

  1. Sometimes, the reheated parts are the best part of dinner. In order to have "smaller" trash, we are diligent about making all trash more compact as we throw it in the can. Disposable cups are nested. Even in the recyclables are nested, like smaller cans going inside larger cans. Loose, puffy garbage bags are avoided in this house, so they tend to be packed tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your little one is over the stomach bug...ugh.

    Great Aldi deals, for sure...I will head over today to see if mine still has the butter---fantastic price!

    You are doing so well with making your home "work" with 7 people! How long do you anticipate the stay?

    I always made my own spaghetti sauce much like yours, "back in the day"---we all loved it. Better than jarred, in my opinion!

    Happy Sunday! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that stomach bug is long gone!

    We are minding every crumb here but a half loaf of homemade bread got moldy this week and had to pitched. I hated that. We need to start making a note of what day we made bread so we can be proactive. I cut bread into thick slices and freeze them for French toast when it gets stale but I just completely missed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. update...I went to my Aldi and the butter was $3.27 or something. Wish I had taken a pic of your butter, as the kid at the register said it should be the same everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are really getting into the groove of all the people in one house. Hope all are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐