If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, April 2, 2022

BEDA- #2 crafting, Pizza Friday and Walmart delivery

Hello again
I really enjoy reading all your sweet comments welcoming me back, thank you!

A craft I have enjoyment doing is plastic canvas. I first started doing plastic canvas maybe 35 years or so ago. It’s an economical craft because all you need is the plastic canvas, yarn, scissors and a blunt needle. I also like that the finished items are flat and are easy to store away for the different seasons.

Above are some Easter magnets that are on our refrigerator right now.
 I stitched the carrots several years ago and the bunny just got stitched  this year.

The grandchildren have asked to learn how to do it. First I did a stitch along with Elizabeth who is almost 12.
 We both made a rainbow magnet.
I found this simple pattern online and I don’t know who gets the credit for it.


Daughter Nina remembered doing plastic canvas when she was about Elizabeth’s age. She has started a set of gnomes for Easter, they are also refrigerator magnets.

Then JJ who is almost 9 wanted to start a project. His mother drew a flag with permanent markers onto the canvas and he is stitching it.

Jackson is almost 7 and he has started a very simple striped coaster. It’s a little harder for him and I’m not sure he’ll finish it but maybe he will. He has also been painting with watercolors and I think this painting is especially nice.



For meals, we have decided that either Friday or Saturday night will be pizza night. And last night was Friday and it was pizza night. I made the crust and the bread machine. We also had a simple salad.  I cubed the homemade bread left from a Thursday supper and made a few croutons for the salad. Dessert was frozen peaches from the freezer.

  



Walmart delivery - I know many people do not like Walmart and that’s fine.  But I am a Walmart shopper and have been taking advantage of their free delivery 
Not the delivery where you have a pay a subscription for, but free shipping for some items as long  as your total is $35+
This delivery is only for staples- not for fresh produce or frozen things or fresh dairy, bread or meat. 
I have ordered things like canned goods, soft drinks, flour, crackers, salsa in plastic jugs, 
 paper products, personal care items, pet food, underwear, socks, office supplies- lots of things! 
Delivery seems to come within 48 hours  and Walmart always alerts me when it is out for delivery and when it has been left at my front door.

Sometimes the items come straight from a local Walmart and are delivered in White sacks. 
And sometimes they come through FedEx and are in a box.


I also check out first through Swagbucks and have been getting a few Swagbucks back on all my Walmart purchases, even though the Swagbucks site says they do not credit for groceries. But so far might have all credited.



The tricky part about it is some things can be shipped and sometimes Walmart wants you to pick them up at the store. I do grocery pick up sometime but with gas prices, I really prefer them to just bring my purchases  to my front door. So if you try this, before you check out on the Walmart app, make sure you see what the shipping or the pick up method is. If your order gets split and one part is less than $35 then you will be charged a shipping fee. So far I have had no problems because I do look at everything closely when I check out.

Another disadvantage is sometimes things are delivered at several different times. If you live in an area with a lot of porch Pirates or you don’t like multiple deliveries, then this Walmart shipping may not be for you. 
I am home most of the time so it’s not inconvenient at all for me.


I know that people in rural areas can have problems with deliveries. So this method might not be for you. Below is an actual post from someone I know that was put on Facebook yesterday. They live in a rural area in Texas and this delivery they got through UPS really takes the cake.


Can you see their delivery is in a white sack tied up in a bush! If I lived where they did and had this kind of delivery service, I don’t think I would ever get anything delivered!


❤️ Rhonda 







6 comments:

  1. who cares what others like. I like Walmart. When I have to buy something, I always check Walmart to see what their prices are first. Now I usually don't buy my groceries there - I shop at Winco. Way cheaper but I will combine some groceries if I need to get something else at Walmart. When I go, it's never on the weekends, and always in the mornings before 11am. It's perfect and not a lot of crowds.

    I also like Target to shop at - but not for food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizzas all look wonderful - what a need way to end the week.
    I have never done deliveries - don't plan to unless nec. I can imagine it is a Godsend for many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bunny and carrot magnets!! How nice the grandchildren want to try the craft as well. It will give them something to do on those rainy or snowy days.

    Lots of pizza there. I make my crust dough in the bread maker as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not looking in bushes for things tied up in a bag! I love the magnets. My ex refused to allow my son to do needlework because he said it would make him gay. Poor kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found that sometimes an item that says I have to pick it up will change the next day so I just leave my order and add the item the next day to check and it often works. We typically get a $40 order in 4 shipments which is nuts. I also find that items I have not found in the store for 6 months were miraculously available for them to deliver if I ordered them. Go figure but I was glad to get them. I will continue to do like you are doing because it saves me a trip and hunting down the item or going there and coming back empty handed which is usually the case here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do grocery pickup when I don't want to take the time to shop. I really appreciate this service. We can't get delivery here from the store, but if necessary I could order it to be shipped. I don't go much of anywhere, so combine all of my errands around my pickup time and make my trip to town really count.
    I will say that I'd have been furious about that rural UPS delivery. As it is, my boxes arrive covered in dirt because he's been out on the gravel roads before coming into town.

    Your pizza looks fabulous! Do you ever make dough ahead and freeze it? Now that I've asked, I think I'll make some tomorrow.

    I love that you've been teaching the grands how to create on plastic canvas. I've been thinking that I might be able to teach Layla some simple crochet now. Bradley tried it when he was her age, but wasn't really into it. Silas never wanted to, but if I offer, she might. This past week I dug out my old Cricut and we've spent a couple of afternoons making paper dolls. I loved paper dolls when I was young, so it's fun to share this with her.

    I'm glad you're blogging again. I hope it's a comfort to you to take some time every day to post. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐