If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, April 15, 2022

BEDA #15 eating, gardening, stitching - and - Hope and Thrift blog is back ❤️

Hello everyone 
For breakfast, 2 of the grands helped me bake 
streusel puff muffins
And 
Both recipes are family favorites and have been baked in my kitchen for decades 

Husband and I worked in the garden this morning - mostly getting beds ready for planting 

The tomato plants he planted maybe a week or 2 ago are doing OK 

Tammy
it has been crazy windy in Oklahoma for 2 weeks, just like you said it is in Nebraska.  It has not been much fun being outside all month, 
but this morning, the winds were milder for a few hours.  But when they picked up, I went back inside.  

The broccoli in the giant planter seems to growing - not sure about the romaine though 

Daughter and family went to Oklahoma City to select brick and appliances for their home being built ( the slab was poured today) 
Oklahoma made brick has a wait time of 5 months and Arkansas made brick has a 4 month wait time.  
She was a little overwhelmed by the appliance choices so no orders or purchase were made today.  

Since they were gone,  we got takeout from Texas Roadhouse 
It was delicious and there are leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.  

I worked some on this plastic canvas project- a bunny with 3 baby bunnies in her apron pockets


I’m sure some of you remember Hope & Thrift .  Well,  good news is she has opened back up her blog from private to public.  
It doesn’t sound like right now she plans to make many new posts but her archives have so much information about gardening and food preservation,  cooking,  thrifting, and doing everything on a shoestring and making it beautiful as she goes along-  anyway—— if you remember Jane or if you want to check out an excellent blog,  go visit 


❤️ Rhonda 














6 comments:

  1. Now, I need muffins. You had some good help to bake them. I would sure like to have the chance to be confused by choices of new appliances! It will be interesting to see the things that grow in the planter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spent yesterday edging around garden beds and once again Hubby swearing he is going to finish the weed barrier LOL. Winds been howling for 4 days now. Wears us out more than the actual work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, things planted outdoors! Not even thinking of that for a while yet. We are getting to 30 tonight.
    Have a happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a very windy March here, so I'm quite behind on garden clean up. I'm so happy to hear Hope And Thrift is back up, and so appreciate you sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout-out Rhonda! I hope you have a blessed and joyous Easter.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to check out that blog.

    The muffins look wonderful. I think that is what I will bake next. I love having a stash in the freezer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐